Indiana U. ‘22-‘23

They want South at 65 which is probably the best weight for him but he doesn’t want to cut that far. This is really good for them both. The thing IU doesn’t have that the better teams do is being 2-3 guys deep and fighting to keep your job. My opinion only. 

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Is 65 the best weight for him if he doesn't want the cut...

Great question. I only know of one other guy that didn’t want to cut and he’s no longer with the program. That being said Nick is happy with his life and said the push was good for him. 

5 hours ago, Easytofind said:

They want South at 65 which is probably the best weight for him but he doesn’t want to cut that far. This is really good for them both. The thing IU doesn’t have that the better teams do is being 2-3 guys deep and fighting to keep your job. My opinion only. 

Barring a residual effect from last years leg injury, I think the spot is Washingtons. He wasn’t the same last year after the intentional leg twist in the Purdue match. 

19 minutes ago, Disco said:

Barring a residual effect from last years leg injury, I think the spot is Washingtons. He wasn’t the same last year after the intentional leg twist in the Purdue match. 

I guess that why they wrestle off and your overlooking the fact that DJ isnt walking around @ 174. But hey how would the year be without me disagreeing with our number 1 fan. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2022 at 7:59 AM, Disco said:

While I know Rome wasn’t built in a day, the Indiana program seems to have gotten stagnant. I know the cupboard was bare when he started ,Angel got a few good recruits ,Rooks brothers , South and some immediate impact transfers ,but in the mean time has wiffed on top talent year after year. And I wish I could start this year talking about the rejuvenated lineup and how the Hoosiers will be in the mix for a mid conference finish, but I can’t. Other than all the guys on the squad are getting after it, unlike the last several years of the Goldman era, I don’t see any progress to move up in talent. I’m really beginning to question Fred Glass’s hire. At the time just a change of coaches, from Dwayne’s group was a coup. But now it getting scary , that the program maybe falling back into the old catch 22, after the initial excitement of getting the change of a new coach. Am I reading this right or is this year going to be different? I’m not as close to the program as some on this forum ,but I’m not feeling it. I propose a coaching change, this time ,reach out nationally ,with outside the Indiana athletic program, for help in the vetting for a good fit. 

Disco has this season changed your mind or are you still thinking the program is stagnant? I personally thought you were on to something before the season but my mind has changed. The team is exciting to watch and they keep proving people wrong. Nice to see Indiana getting national recognition, I’m hoping Purdue can turn things around quick. 

In short yes , thanks for asking,as my posts have pointed out. The out comes this year have been on a high note. Couldn’t ask for more as far as results are concerned. The effort of all the wrestlers ,as I have stated every year of Angels era , has been infinitely better than the last 6-7 Goldman coached years. I want ,so bad, to have Angel keep the elite men in state. To take Indianas program up a couple more notches. But I’m also happy this year with the results of dual team effort.