Highlight: #2 Brody Baumann (Evansville Mater Dei) vs. #1 Robert Major (Carmel), 2021 IHSAA 160-pound State Championship

One of the greatest matches in recent memory and a CERTIFIED BANGER! It's a shame a full crowd didn't get a chance to see that one. Was there for it live and dem boyz THREW DAHN!!!!! Clocked an immediate 4.75/5 star rating (Generational Performance) from me. Brody Baumann's lat drop at the end was the cherry on top and solidified him as one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. One of the best state finals and overall wrestling matches I've ever seen. So fun with so many back and forth momentum swings. Dem boyz took us back to the Attitude Era with that one! Just going out there to bang!!!!

3 hours ago, blueandgold said:

One of the greatest matches in recent memory and a CERTIFIED BANGER! It's a shame a full crowd didn't get a chance to see that one. Was there for it live and dem boyz THREW DAHN!!!!! Clocked an immediate 4.75/5 star rating (Generational Performance) from me. Brody Baumann's lat drop at the end was the cherry on top and solidified him as one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. One of the best state finals and overall wrestling matches I've ever seen. So fun with so many back and forth momentum swings. Dem boyz took us back to the Attitude Era with that one! Just going out there to bang!!!!

does the attitude era of IHSAA Wrestling correspond in time with the WWE attitude era, or is it a characteristic of match attitude that is timeless? 

13 hours ago, blueandgold said:

I agree with you for sure !!!…Wasn’t a lat drop.  I thought I remembered correctly, but just rewatched.  It was a double over throw, which makes it even crazier !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...