Article: AAU Scholastic Duals Pools and Schedule

Well the “rules of the Duals are you are allowed no more than 3 wrestler from outside your school to be in the Community division rather than the All-Star.  But as we have noticed they “official rules” are not always followed closely as the community divisions turned into more of convincing what development level you can convince them you are at rather than just your school size.  In the end I would hope most coaches would just want to get their kids the best competition they can for their ability rather than sandbag just to finish as one of the top teams by trying to get to a low competition level. 

Just wanted to jump in here.  The rules for Community 1 and 2 are very clear.  17 wrestlers on your roster - 3 can be from another school system.  We all have to load weight certification sheets to show school system and lowest permitted weight class.  For middle school guys, I have to get a letter from middle school AD saying what middle school they attended and that it is a feeder to Brownsburg.  No clue about other team’s situations but I believe they check paperwork.  I’ve heard numerous stories from coaches about being called out if paperwork doesn’t seem legit.  Doesn’t mean someone isn’t getting away with it.   Just mean paperwork is required.  

Lastly, Disney isn’t about a “vacation” and matches for many of us.  I’m not saying it’s Fargo, but it also isn’t playing with Mickey Mouse as I’ve heard some say.   Many teams take it very serious.  We will have fargo representation, but for the last couple of months at Brownsburg our guys have been training to win the Disney Duals.  We took close to 20 Brownsburg Wrestlers there.  The last two months we have had the best “open mats” we have had since the regular season.   Our guys were motivated and we got better.  I’ve never found any camp or tournament in over 20 years to better motivate my entire team than the Disney Duals.  

Snyder