Katie Krebel named Assistant National Women's Coach

Y2CJ41

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2022/April/27/Kriebel-named-Assistant-National-Womens-Coach

Unfortunately for the state of Indiana it looks as if we will lose Katie to Colorado Springs. It's a great opportunity for her as she has played a vital role in women's wrestling not only in the state, but the country. Congrats to Katie on the new job!

Very happy for Katie. This falls into the category of Something Too Good to Pass Up. Coach Kriebel will be coaching at the Worlds (Serbia this fall), Pan Ams and Olympics. She will definitely be missed but what an amazing reality: Two members of our Olympic team (Sarah and Kayla) and now a coach all from Indiana. With Alara Boyd being the next Hoosier to stake her claim to a spot on Team USA at the senior level. 

Not bad for a state that has not yet sanctioned the sport for women in high school!

Dave Cloud

One of these days I’ll recognize her by her married name.  I’m still stuck in maiden name Katie more, and was trying to rack my brain from where I have heard Kriebel before.  This is a great opportunity for her and the women's program. 

Edited by MattM

When Iowa hired Clarissa Chun as their coach, I told many people that Katie would be headed to Team USA.  I figured she was in the running for the Iowa job. She wrestled at Minnesota-Morris the same time my brother was there wrestling.  Tremendous talent level as an athlete and now as a coach, good hire by USA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.