2022 ADIDAS MIDWEST SCHOLASTIC DUALS - DISCUSSION

samaj

There is a new summer tournament on the block and it's the real deal!!  The event information is listed in the Tournament Information Forum, where it should be.  I am hoping Joe leaves this post here as it becomes a discussion.

After many years of consideration and thought of trying to make this event happen, We finally jumped in feet first and made it a reality.  We contacted Adidas Wrestling and they jumped at the chance to be the title sponsor of this new event.  I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are.  This event strives to much more than a typical high school hosted Summer Duals. (You know, the summer events that unorganized teams verbally commit to and then cancel 2 weeks prior to the event, leaving the host school with the mess filling the spot and everything that goes with it.)

We want an event that is full every single year, with great programs, who show up ready to compete at a high level.  We want a waiting list of hammer teams.  We want an event, that quite honestly, is not for everybody.  This event has been "copied" after the Disney Duals.  We want it to be a smaller version of the Disney Duals, right here in Indiana.  We had a "soft opening" so that we could reach out to specific programs and get a wide representation state wide.  We also reached out to other states hoping to get a much different flavor, but have had little or no luck.

We have had some outstanding programs commit for this year. (see the list below) and we still have a few openings.  This should be a great event.  So tell us, what can we do to make it grow from 16 to 36 teams from all over the Midwest in the next 2-3 years?  What are the little things that make an event like this something everyone wants to do?  What separates an event like this from the others?  Talk to us.  Help us make this something Indiana can be proud of.

Here are the teams entered so far-

Team List (verbally committed 100%)
1. Cathedral
2. Lafayette Jefferson
3. Evansville Memorial
4. Evansville North

5. Mt. Vernon (Posey)
6. Westfield
7. Avon

8. Mater Dei
9. Edgewood

10. Carmel
11. Columbus East

12. ??

13. ??

14. ??

15. ??

16. ??

Jeff Schaefer

Evansville Memorial HS

E.I. Sports and Apparel.

June 10-12 2022

Host schools are Evansville Memorial and Evansville North.  

Event will be held at Evansville North.  (Amazing Facilities!!)

Union County was invited.  They have a camp that same weekend and cannot attend.

As mentioned, full information on this event is posted in the "Tournament Information" forum. or at this link

Edited by samaj

Would be cool to do a MASSIVE BBQ cook off in the vacinity of North High School to coincide with this event. Get the wrestlers some free BBQ one day would be awesome. I know several teams are associated with Mater Dei Athletics and feeder schools you would know more about this than I would but I also bet that Memorial feeder schools have a few groups of guys that like to do that too however they probably would not want to do it on the campus of North High School

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.