Nick Lee wins Hodge*

*in our hearts.

But finishes third in actual vote.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2022/March/28/Steveson-wins-Hodge-Trophy

Final vote:

Gable Steveson - 49 votes

Yianni Diakomihalis - 5 votes

Nick Lee - 3 votes

Edited by wrestlenewbie

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Lol , next year. 
pretty stiff competition this year. Steveson. 

Does Nick have any eligibility left? No redshirt year taken, 4 years of NCAAs (5th, 5th, 1st, 1st) plus the Covid year when NCAAs were canceled.  This super senior things got confusing but that seems like 5 years of competition with the given cancelation bonus year.  

Edited by MattM

2 hours ago, MattM said:

Does Nick have any eligibility left? No redshirt year taken, 4 years of NCAAs (5th, 5th, 1st, 1st) plus the Covid year when NCAAs were canceled.  This super senior things got confusing but that seems like 5 years of competition with the given cancelation bonus year.  

Sadly, no he does not. We have seen the last of Nick in folkstyle. Here is hoping he opts for freestyle as he has the potential to represent the US at 65kg.

Also in 141, Stevan Micic and Chad Red completed their eligibility this year. Those three represented quite a strong trio of Indiana's finest over the years.

2 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Sadly, no he does not. We have seen the last of Nick in folkstyle. Here is hoping he opts for freestyle as he has the potential to represent the US at 65kg.

Also in 141, Stevan Micic and Chad Red completed their eligibility this year. Those three represented quite a strong trio of Indiana's finest over the years.

Thanks, you beat me to it. 

3 hours ago, MUSKEEWRESTLING said:

Don't forget Zeke.  He's not to shabby!!!

Yes I forgot Zeke he will be a hammer.  Paris yes Paris,needs a little fine tuning with take down arsenal and he’s on top of the pack. Davison surprised me this year. Is in the mix for sure. And “Minnesota “ Lee! Hopefully gets back 100% and continues on his climb to the top. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Yes I forgot Zeke he will be a hammer.  Paris yes Paris,needs a little fine tuning with take down arsenal and he’s on top of the pack. Davison surprised me this year. Is in the mix for sure. And “Minnesota “ Lee! Hopefully gets back 100% and continues on his climb to the top. 

Parris came out last week and said he had a herniated disk in his neck that he put off surgery for the season. He seemed a little off this year and this is likely why. Hopefully he heals up quickly and is back on the mat soon.

On 3/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

Parris came out last week and said he had a herniated disk in his neck that he put off surgery for the season. He seemed a little off this year and this is likely why. Hopefully he heals up quickly and is back on the mat soon.

You could tell that he was off, besides the top guys staying out of the ties to negate his dump series, he didn't look too have the horsepower or explosiveness he has always displayed.. The injury explains why we had trouble in space on his feet and having trouble getting the corner to finish his Takedowns.. Unreal he was still that successful with that debilitating injury that would cripple us meer mortals, while he still obtains All American honors again...Allred is said to be really putting it all together and look for him to make a deep run next season.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

• 2 weeks later...

Nick Lee Career Wrap - via PSU Wrestling

CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT /
Nick Lee - Sr. - Evansville, Ind. /
2X NCAA Champion (2021, 22) /
5X All-American (2018, 19, 20, 21, 22) /
B1G Champion /
3X NWCA First Team All-Academic /
3X Academic All-B1G /
22-0 this yr. - 6 MD, 4 TF, 2 F /
118-13 career - 40 MD, 27 TF, 18 F /
#PSUwr 

Not too shabby

Edited by SWINfan

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:45 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

And many more, seltzer,Allred,Davison, Brayton Lee,Parris, Washington, and more will all be back and it'll be fun to watch.

Allred is another Indiana tough guy who has been quiet at Nebraska. He’s been behind an AA but I can see him being a contender at 197 next year. 

5 hours ago, Disco said:

Allred is another Indiana tough guy who has been quiet at Nebraska. He’s been behind an AA but I can see him being a contender at 197 next year. 

He went 7-0 pinning 6 and teching 1.. He pinned Iowa State All American who placed 5th Younger Bastida Cuban freestyle world

medalist..Bastida beat the who's who this year and this was a huge win, word is he was giving Schultz more than a tough time in training. 

• 1 month later...