Ultimate Team

blueandgold

What does your ultimate team look like?

Coach: Jim Tonte - IHSWCA Hall of Fame, 5× State Champion, 6× State Runner-Up

106: Stevan Micic '12 - State Champion, Ranked in the nation

113: Jarred Brooks '12 - State Champion, Super 32 Champion, Ranked #1 in the nation

120: Zeke Seltzer '20 - State Champion, Ranked #5 in the nation

126: Chad Red '15 - State Champion, Super 32 Champion, Cadet Freestyle National Champion, Ranked #1 in the nation

132: Nick Lee '15 - State Champion, Cadet Freestyle National Champion, Ranked #5 in the nation

138: Jesse Mendez '22 - State Champion, Junior World Team Member, Junior Hodge Trophy, Ranked #2 P4P in the nation

145: Cody LeCount '14 - State Champion, Ranked #8 in the nation

152: Brayton Lee '18 - State Champion, Junior Freestyle National Champion, Ranked #2 in the nation

160: Drew Hughes '15 - State Champion, Ranked #9 in the nation

170: Nick South '19 - State Champion, Super 32 Finalist, Ranked #4 in the nation

182: Blake Rypel '16 - State Champion, Super 32 Champion, Ranked #2 in the nation

195: Lucas Davison '18 - State Champion, Junior Freestyle National Champion, Junior Greco National Champion, Super 32 Finalist, Ranked #2 in the nation

220: Mason Parris '18 - State Champion, FloNationals Champion, Junior Freestyle Nationals 3rd, Ranked #2 in the nation

285: Chico Adams '08 - State Champion, Ranked in the nation

Team goes undefeated and might break every record possible.

I like this lineup for most part. Few guys I feel could be replaced with guys with few better accolades. I'd stick with Tonte as coach tho too, won the the thing at 2 schools now and gonna do it at a 3rd school here soon. Idk anyone that can be that successful at different schools in different environments. Goebel never did that. 

1 hour ago, Websterk149 said:

I like this lineup for most part. Few guys I feel could be replaced with guys with few better accolades. I'd stick with Tonte as coach tho too, won the the thing at 2 schools now and gonna do it at a 3rd school here soon. Idk anyone that can be that successful at different schools in different environments. Goebel never did that. 

Darrick Snyder is on school #2, Goebel never left MD, why would he? 12 state championships, numerous individual state champs, why would anyone ever leave that environment to go coach somewhere else? Goebel and Helfrich any day of the week.

17 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Darrick Snyder is on school #2, Goebel never left MD, why would he? 12 state championships, numerous individual state champs, why would anyone ever leave that environment to go coach somewhere else? Goebel and Helfrich any day of the week.

To go make more Indiana programs better across the state and grow Indiana wrestling to be better. Forgot about Snyder good catch. 1. Tonte 2. Snyder 3. Goebel

5 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Not an all-time team. It’s your ultimate team. This is just who I would pick for mine.

The People don’t read do they ? Lol 

They just see a list of names … No, Aw Nah, who him, what, your crazy, your young . Don’t read what you saying . Clearly states . 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Why …. Nobody reads it anyways

43 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

I think some of you misunderstood the concept, which shows my age lol. This is an ultimate team like they do in the Madden NFL or NBA 2K video games. You pick who you would want for your team. This is not an all-time team. 

Interesting, ultimate team set by era or region of the state? Obviously I don't play Madden, I used to play a mean game of Techmo bowl though!

Edited by Ahawkeye

5 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Interesting, ultimate team set by era or region of the state? Obviously I don't play Madden, I used to play a mean game of Techmo bowl though!

I have not played Tecmo Bowl, but you know what? It sounds interesting lol

And on the games, they do these packs for Ultimate Team. Not set by region or era, just at random. You build your own based on who’s card is available. It’s kind of unique. I just try to bring these ideas to the board.

16 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

I have not played Tecmo Bowl, but you know what? It sounds interesting lol

If you are playing Retro Bowl it’s basically an updated version of Tecmo Bowl was.  

I've watched my kid play and heard him beg for packs. I guess if I were playing I'd get every pack I could till I filled out a team I thought would win but from what I've seen the possibilities are endless. Of course I'd try to get the "All Medden Team" but that would equate to the All Time Indiana Team. 

I guess if you put boundaries like eras or regionals I'd find it easier to build a team rather than imagining what wrestler I'd get in a "pack" no disrespect it's just hard to relate.

8 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Not an all-time team. It’s your ultimate team. This is just who I would pick for mine.

Sorry I completely misunderstood the topic. I am not a gamer and did not understand the concept. I did not mean to diminish the accomplishments of Coach Tonte. He has had an amazing career and will only add to it.

Goebel made wrestling in Indiana better by dominating it. Everyone in the state had to step up their game in order to compete.

I have tried to assemble an "Ultimate Team" but I am very biased to SWIN and mid-late '90's. I would be doing a disrespect to too many accomplished wrestlers. 

However, my team would definitely include Adam Doherty (98/99), Gabe Cook(96), DJ Radnovich (98).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.