Most Memorable Moves

blueandgold

What are some of the slickest or more memorable moves you’ve ever seen in Indiana? 

For some reason, Jarred Brooks boot scoot on Schuyler Phillips in the finals is the first that comes to mind as well as Noah Warren’s super duck under the lights versus Peru’s Jordan Rader. Wes Bernard’s arm drag to a double leg to a fall on Shawn Streck was also incredible to see at heavyweight.

Am I allowed to talk about MD in a "blueandgold" started post or is it just the 2003 team we're not supposed to talk about?

Chris Wildeman's defensive pin against Richie Diggs.

Greg Schaefer's slick directional change in the finals of 95.

Dustin Nosko's top body (shhhhh this one was 2003 don't tell blueandgold).

Baumann's throw on Major in the 2021 finals.

Gabe Sollars' brute force with a touch of finesse. 

The list could go on and on I just have to crack open the ol' memory bank some more.

The one that sticks out to me the most is Lance Ellis' lat drop on Scott Wilson to win his 4th.  Quite an exclamation point to his legendary career.

Matt Wills' lat drop and then far side cradle on Frank Hammond in the 91 heavyweight final.  Seeing a big man move like him was quite impressive.

Chad Ruggieri launching every heavyweight in sight

51 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Am I allowed to talk about MD in a "blueandgold" started post or is it just the 2003 team we're not supposed to talk about?

Chris Wildeman's defensive pin against Richie Diggs.

Greg Schaefer's slick directional change in the finals of 95.

Dustin Nosko's top body (shhhhh this one was 2003 don't tell blueandgold).

Baumann's throw on Major in the 2021 finals.

Gabe Sollars' brute force with a touch of finesse. 

The list could go on and on I just have to crack open the ol' memory bank some more.

Bro, go to therapy and touch some grass.

1 hour ago, Ahawkeye said:

Plenty of grass touchin going on, no issues there. I'm not talking about the kind you smoke either.

Trollin' aint easy!

This would be funny if I actually smoked. You just be too worried about me, my biggest fan. I’ll sign a We Are MD book for you and say “I love 03!” just for you.

Bubba Dickersons 4th straight pin in the finals to win his State title of the Junior pinning future Notre Dame football 2 way Captain BJ Scott in a little over a minute with a nasty dump series! Spending hardly 10 minutes on the mat and four matches combined in the state finals that year.

Silas Allred various 4 Series from the top depending and everybody including one here pin or place in the finals to complete a full season of nothing but pins and including one of the most dominant to your runs I've ever seen with only one wrestler making it to the final whistle being State runner up  Nick wilham who is the starter at IU right now.. to this day as in red shirt and Nebraska Pinning everybody with 6 of his 7 wins this season being pinned with the other one being a techful being 7 and 0 on the season with a pin over highly ranked bastida of Iowa State.

The time Mason Todd literally jumped over Jared Brooks in the state finals and scored a big take down to upset the highly nationally ranked Brooks.

Nick Hobbs of beech Grove following his State runner up heart breaking loss in the finals to the legendary 4xer Mauer the year before ...Hobbs was losing by 2 on Friday night the following year and instead of cutting the guy with  5 seconds left he just dropped down and hit the nastiest quick tilt for three that I've ever seen and just walked off like business as usual AKA one of the most cool guy moves I've ever seen.

Angel Escobedos cross knee pick from the front headlock position was disgusting, especially when it's at the expense of your best friend and team mate in the state title match.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

55 minutes ago, mikemorgan said:

Billy Naegle headlock against #1Dosher

That was my senior year at my weight but I choked in ticket round like I did against your team mate Jerry Gordon my Jr year.. in 04 Naegle pinned Dosher, I remember your team mate Ervin getting Runner up at at 160... Made it worse when I had nearly teched Steckler and Beat 4th placer Branam handily iirc.. After me and Tim Bradley become buddies and training partners I never let him forget he took part in crushing my dreams in 03' coaching Jerry to the win😂

7 minutes ago, mikemorgan said:

I remember a match at junior duals with him that ended 28-25 or something crazy because they kept head locking each other

Yes, his headlock didn't discriminate..Naegle,Cory Garrard and Jason Madden had best headlocks I had ever seen till the Stud from Princeton this year.

34 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

This would be funny if I actually smoked. You just be too worried about me, my biggest fan. I’ll sign a We Are MD book for you and say “I love 03!” just for you.

Where do I line up for that autograph? I'll bet the line is wrapped around the block!

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

Let me clarify, when I said “not the kind you smoked” I was not referring to you personally I was using “you” in general like “This is how you row the boat.” 
No intent was made to assume “blueandgold” smokes anything. 
My bad on that.

36 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

What got you 2 arguing? None my business just being nosey

Blueandgold was posting how great CP was this year (they are very very talented) and that he was glad we wouldn’t have to hear about the 03 MD team anymore and I just ran with it.

Also blueandgold was really talking after finals (I am of the opinion that maybe someone had a few to drink but just my opinion) and maybe he might have posted some regrettable things.

I’m just having fun I hope he is too but if someone is butt hurt it isn’t me.

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That was my senior year at my weight but I choked in ticket round like I did against your team mate Jerry Gordon my Jr year.. in 04 Naegle pinned Dosher, I remember your team mate Ervin getting Runner up at at 160... Made it worse when I had nearly teched Steckler and Beat 4th placer Branam handily iirc.. After me and Tim Bradley become buddies and training partners I never let him forget he took part in crushing my dreams in 03' coaching Jerry to the win😂

Jerry Gordan took me out Friday night in 03. lost 5-3. He was a tough kid.

2 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Blueandgold was posting how great CP was this year (they are very very talented) and that he was glad we wouldn’t have to hear about the 03 MD team anymore and I just ran with it.

Also blueandgold was really talking after finals (I am of the opinion that maybe someone had a few to drink but just my opinion) and maybe he might have posted some regrettable things.

I’m just having fun I hope he is too but if someone is butt hurt it isn’t me.

I know it’s all in good fun. No ill will towards you, man.

2 hours ago, Rugger44 said:

Jerry Gordan took me out Friday night in 03. lost 5-3. He was a tough kid.

We wrestled y'all at Lawrence North Thanksgiving 2 day tourney and you beat me in a good scrap like 7-5 our sophmore year I believe if this is Andrew?.. That was good comp there, 7 quality matches every year... Also do you remember Thadeus vs Jaggers wild match in 2000ish? 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.