**Rankings Update** Class of 2024 Top 50

Y2CJ41

On 3/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, WrestlingDad1 said:

Larocca and Clouser not in top 50?

Both were in the mix, the list contains a lot of guys who have qualified for the state finals or mixed in with guys who won freshman sophomore state. Clay Guenin d Noah Clouser at fresh/soph 

Larocca had a decision over Gabe Bragg, then Gabe Bragg won fresh/soph 

If we missed any wins over the guys ranked ahead of them please let us know, I am sure we will be updating these again before the season 

I think the case is there for them to both be in top 50 without a doubt. Clousers loss to Guenin was 2-0 in the finals of Frosh/soph state. Don’t know if that drops him 25 spots or not? If the rankings were done on qualifier status I get it although losing to the two time defending state champion in the ticket round at Evansville isn’t exactly the same as qualifying through any of the other semi-states. Just my opinion. Always appreciate the work put in for stuff like this.

55 minutes ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

I think the case is there for them to both be in top 50 without a doubt. Clousers loss to Guenin was 2-0 in the finals of Frosh/soph state. Don’t know if that drops him 25 spots or not? If the rankings were done on qualifier status I get it although losing to the two time defending state champion in the ticket round at Evansville isn’t exactly the same as qualifying through any of the other semi-states. Just my opinion. Always appreciate the work put in for stuff like this.

What wins does he have over the top 50 in his class? How many state qualifiers and placers did he beat this year?

Hasn’t wrestled very many in the top 50 as there are very few from this class wrestling 170. He has wins this season over Braun 2022 placer twice, 2022 qualifier Clifton Johnson, and 8-2 over 2022 qualifier Valdez . These guys were all juniors or seniors which is why they arent in your top 50 for 2024 class. Wins over 8+ ranked opponents this season. Also 6-1 at Al Smith taking 3rd (loss was to 2022 state 5th place Buchanan 3-0), Mooresville sectional champ, Mooresville Regional runner up, ticket round loss to 2021/2022 state champ Baumann. 32-8 record. Losses all to ranked (1/2 to top 5 ranked) opponents.  Post season- runner up at Frosh/Soph state to Guenin 2-0 decision

Edited by WrestlingDad1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.