Reffing question

I was at small school state a couple weeks ago enjoying the world famous pull pork sandwiches they were advertising with the $5 coach band.

I began to talk with one of the officials at the event and found out he was new to reffing, maybe 2 years in and claim to be making $700 a week doing so. Working two dual meets and a tournament per week. 
can someone confirm that this is legit? 

I wouldn't say they are wrong, but I would say that it is not the usual.

Just giving you an idea, the Duneland Conference in NWI pays $65/dual.

Saturday tournaments pay usually between $150-300. Some 2 day tournaments pay $400.

Sunday tournaments pay $100-200 or so.

I would say a normal week it is around $350 a week if you work 1-2 duals and a Saturday tournament. Obviously sometimes higher, sometimes lower depending on the level of competition.  

Please don't tell my wife that I could be making more, because she will sell my soul for it! :)

20 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I was at small school state a couple weeks ago enjoying the world famous pull pork sandwiches they were advertising with the $5 coach band.

I began to talk with one of the officials at the event and found out he was new to reffing, maybe 2 years in and claim to be making $700 a week doing so. Working two dual meets and a tournament per week. 
can someone confirm that this is legit? 

I wouldn't say that much for high school in a week. D3, NAIA college Duals pay between 150-250 per dual..  one day tourneys between $400-600. D1 a lot more than that!

High school dual meets on average pay $70 -$85.   Some    Tournaments pay $175 to $250 and that can be contingent on how long or if its a big school or small school  tournament or if its a long tournament and there are exceptions.           In my experience,  working two dual meets and a tournament, I would be happy walking away with $350.  $75+75+200.    I also reffed the 1A/2A state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.