**Rankings Update** Class of 2026 Top 20

8 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Will Reynolds and Dickman drive to school next year? Asking for a friend. 

I can't imagine that these two families or Brownsburg coaches would allow the two kids to be too old to compete their senior years. They might be like Cottey a few years ago and turn 20 after the state tournament.

54 minutes ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

I can't imagine that these two families or Brownsburg coaches would allow the two kids to be too old to compete their senior years. They might be like Cottey a few years ago and turn 20 after the state tournament.

4 of them off the list are 2006 but none will graduate at 20. They will all be 19 at competition and graduation.

1 hour ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

Alex turned 20 in the fall of his freshman year of college, this past fall of ‘21

Well no one has ever won state at 20 in Indiana as it isn’t allowed. But I guarantee a good percentage of very successful wrestlers have been held back . I would bet at least half this years state champs were held back at some point . On the National Circuit on these top National type dual teams or Super 32 most kids have been held back. 

Edited by JORVILLE

10 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Will Reynolds and Dickman drive to school next year? Asking for a friend. 

Hey, as a former Brownsburg wrestling parent, I know these boys. For an adult to take the time to come in this forum and make a snide remark about two 8th graders is inappropriate and classless. Who are you, buddy???

Allred graduated a year early, I couldn't imagine him having anther year, that 2 year run he has was the most dominant I've ever seen with only Willham aka IU current starter going the distance being majored Silas' jr title.. I see a rivalry we Ferrari on the horizon.. Heard his really really taking well to the room at Nebraska and his though limited matches this year he's 7-0 with 6 pins and a tech with one of his pins over current top 10 Ranked stud.Yonger Bastida who's 23 and a very accomplished FS wrestler and Bastida holds 2 wins over #10 ranked Elam,#7 Warner and our own top 20 ranked Penola.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Been gone for a week. Missed much on the beloved IM.

I hate to speak for the IndianaMat community, but most everyone cringes that a coach from a Top 10 program feels so compelled to reply to a random poster. I think it's probably secondary embarrassment, but really it is sadness that a coach is so triggered. I think it reflects on how the program is built and what it stands for. I often wonder what could possibly bring Schaefer, McGinley, Lorek, etc. from engaging with a fan. And, then I remember there is absolutely nothing that would provoke them. 

As far as the topic goes, it is a fair question. I'll rephrase it so no coaches from #thecounty get offended. Should age be a factor in how incoming rankings are affected? 

Hasbrook

🤣🤣🤣Sooooo glad to hear from you again Ryan Hasbrook of Cathedral.  Aren’t you a board member at Cathedral High School? If you think “my program” cringes at me defending them against a dude trying to hide behind a screen name, you don’t know Brownsburg Wrestling.

Again, Ryan we get a lot of comedy out of you.  Thanks for that. I’m comfortable with the role I play in Brownsburg wrestling.  I’d say we have gotten a little better since I got here.  You will never trigger me.  I find you absolutely hilarious.  Thanks for the comedy. 

Snyder 

Edited by Darrick Snyder

10 hours ago, Darrick Snyder said:

🤣🤣🤣Sooooo glad to hear from you again Ryan Hasbrook of Cathedral.  Aren’t you a board member at Cathedral High School? If you think “my program” cringes at me defending them against a dude trying to hide behind a screen name, you don’t know Brownsburg Wrestling.

Again, Ryan we get a lot of comedy out of you.  Thanks for that. I’m comfortable with the role I play in Brownsburg wrestling.  I’d say we have gotten a little better since I got here.  You will never trigger me.  I find you absolutely hilarious.  Thanks for the comedy. 

Snyder 

If you've been on this board long enough, you know who everyone is. I think I've been on it for 20 years now. I've never hidden behind anything. I could care less who knows who I am. 

I sit on a number of boards. I get asked to sit on those boards because I am a realist and I speak the truth. So, here's the truth:

I don't like you. I haven't liked you since you ran a cavalier program in Mishawaka that destroyed kids' lives. I thought you might learn your lesson from your time in the 574, but it is abundantly clear that you haven't. 

Your arrogance and hubris will forever affect the outcome of your program. You can recruit some all-stars, but they typically underachieve when they walk into your room. You have a chance to have an amazing run over the next two years, but we all know you'll figure out a way to squander it like you have the last couple. 

So, I would encourage you to take some guidance from some past great coaches (Goebel, Smith, Patton) or even some currents (Schaefer, McGinley, Deckard) and find some humility. Build a program that speaks for itself. I hope your kids can find a way to excel on the west side, but it won't be from your current approach. Good luck. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy1

Sorry for the delay Ryan of Cathedral.  I was busy all weekend at folkstyle state. I did want to get back to you, though.  

Here are some other “truths”:

1.) If I have ever done anything to give you any reason to think that I care about your opinion of me or our program, I greatly apologize.  I/we could not possibly care less about what Ryan of Cathedral thinks about us.  

2.) I don’t know you and don’t care enough to google you, but several people have approached me about you. Aren’t you a grown man?   You say you don’t like me.  Awesome.  I’m a grown man too and think it’s funny…but you attack my parents - Chris Garcia - I responded because every single word you stated was hypocritical considering you are from Cathedral.  Then, you literally mention the names of TWO 8th graders - Revin and Parker.  Seriously man what is wrong with you?   They are 8th graders.  You didn’t just say something in general.  A grown man actually tried to express something negative about 8th graders.  That’s a new one for me. 

3.) Weeks ago you said teams like Center Grove, Mater Dei or Cathedral could place ahead of us at IHSAA state.  We ended up 2nd to Crown Point at state.  Finished 12th in the country.  According to your predictions, we overachieved this year but your recent post said my teams underachieve.  Dude get your story straight.  

4.). Thanks for acknowledging we will be okay for the next couple years.  Might want to research your time table a little more.  We will be just okay for a little more than a couple years.  🤣 A few years back you listed a half dozen teams that would dominate us for “years to come”.  Crown Point wasn’t one of them.  I love your predictions.  

5.).  Thanks for explaining the board you are on.  I was told by a few people to mention that.   They said you would “mention the qualities and characteristics of why you are on board or the other boards you are on”.  Lol. 

Snyder 

IndianaWrestlingGuy, I'll engage in this and defend bburg for my once in a quarter post, not that Coach Snyder needs any defense.  I recognize Snyder has already embarrassed, silenced you, and shut this topic down in your face; but I can't help myself from pouring salt on your wound after you think it healed and everyone forgotten your shameful posts.

Fully my perspective of course. 

First off, recent Cathedral teams were built on the coaching of Bryan Bailey who brought the talent into cathedral, pretty much all move ins that he developed and far more skilled than cathedral coaching abilities the day they stepped into their room.  Who has cathedral developed in recent history without Bailey = 0.   Don't get me wrong, they had good teams, but it wasn't cathedral's coaching that developed or delivered that, with exception of what coach Seltzer has brought, cathedral doesn't develop talent; they simply benefit from others doing the work for them.  Do your homework before you claim the same of Snyder....

Second, perhaps I can say my son is one of those that you claim underperformed, maybe not, after all he did achieve 4 state medals and some decent college money to continue wrestling, suspect that's more than you ever achieved in your athletic career.  Based on your posts, you seem very self-righteous in your thinking, perhaps you've been lost too many years in your elitist way mindset to have empathy and you simply lash out in your passive aggressive manner at 8th graders when things don't go according to your predefined script and narrative.

I mean really, you're supposed to be an "elite" school board member and you go on a forum posting like a little child, "I don't like you, waa waa waa".  I truly feel saddened for Cathedral schools if you're influencing their curriculum and represent their credentials.  Who's the pot calling the kettle black now...

When in doubt, let's throw out fancy talk like caviler and hubris; that'll win the audience over.  Like the great cartoon character sponge bob says about fancy talk, "when in doubt, pinky out"  was your pinky out when you typed that?? you puttin on airs?? 

Dude you really need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask why you're so unhappy and why you're lashing out at others, including children.