Mendez Question

smitty11

So I see Jesse is wrestling Swiderski in that Rudis event at 145 (Is this scratch wt?).  Looking at Swiderski record he competed at 152 and 160 all year.  At Michigan State championship he is going 152.  Then the following week he is back at 138 in the Dapper Dan (Is this scratch wt).  That is impressive.  Swiderski looks huge hope Jesse can find revenge in a couple weeks.

Edited by smitty11

One off events like this or Who's #1 all have different weigh-in situations. I believe the Rudi's card the match is billed as being 145lbs. 

At Who's #1 some of the weights had kids makings scratch day before or with a little allowance. Some, like the futures match with Mendoza and Bassett were scratch weight and like 3 hours before the event. 

The people that organize the event are basically mediators with the parents/coaches/wrestlers on determining the weight restrictions.

Jesse is attempting to put weight on.  He most likely will not be close to 145.  The problem is that he trains so hard that he has a hard time keeping weight on.  Casey will be huge, but I don't think it will matter bc Jesse has only thought about him since the loss.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, regionrat1 said:

Got beat 10-4

Thanks.  Wow was not expecting that result.  Thought maybe it might be close loss with the size difference.  Give Mendez credit for going up a weight to try to get that revenge match.

• 1 month later...

Finally had some time to watch this match, Swiderski is unreal fast but he also probably had Jesse out weighed by quite a bit. I did not like this match up for the simple fact that the competitive weights were so far apart. Mendez did well just couldn't get past the size difference in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.