2024 State Finals and NBA All-Star Game

bsisson

The next closest arena semi-centralized location after Butler's Henkle Fieldhouse would be IU, Purdue, or Ball State. But that again means working around their basketball schedules.  Thus why I hope the IHSAA is being proactive and trying to see what these type of arrangement can be made now.  Most college ADs try to keep almost a year ahead on organizing their schedules so the IHSAA isn’t going to get much headway waiting until next year to solve this. Unfortunately the State Fairgrounds Colosseum is a little to small seating wise as a realistic option as well as several more none centralized options. 

If the IHSAA end up dragging their feet to long or feels securing a nice college venue isn't a major priority they we will end up setting on a cramped HS gym that barely holds 8,000 or even less participants/fans.  If the state finals are suppose to be an honored experience I'm not sure a HS gym is the way to go (even if they would do a solid job hosting). 

Some of the centrally located big HS gym AD would really get my respect if rather than jump at the opportunity they first kindly asked the IHSAA to first exhaust every possible scenarios of making it into a semi-centralized college arena.

Edited by MattM

I feel bad for the class of 2024. They will enter their senior years without having the true experience of state. As freshman they had to deal with split first round, no parade and limited seating. As Sophomores they at least had full attendance a a modified parade but the split first round did interfere with the feel of the first day not getting to do the parade as a team. Now it looks like as Juniors they'll have to doit in a different venue.

2 hours ago, bbulldog152 said:

I feel bad for the class of 2024. They will enter their senior years without having the true experience of state. As freshman they had to deal with split first round, no parade and limited seating. As Sophomores they at least had full attendance a a modified parade but the split first round did interfere with the feel of the first day not getting to do the parade as a team. Now it looks like as Juniors they'll have to doit in a different venue.

Agree but it's their Senior year when this occurs.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:01 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

If the NBA All-Star game is going on we need to stay away from downtown Indy.

Joe is absolutely correct.  It will be a nightmare for everyone, even if it is moved somewhere within 50 miles of Indy it would be too expensive to stay in the area.  I remember when Indy hosted the Super Bowl hotels were booked for miles around.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.