ISWA limiting coaches at state?

brickfor6

From the flyer,

"Club coaches with 1-5 wrestlers 1 WB,6-10 wrestlers 2 WB, 11-20 wrestlers 3 WB, 21-30 4 WB, 30&up 5 Wristbands. These club coaches are required to provide credentials for bands for entry. Unless you are the designated club coach a spectator band will be required."

‼️It appears wrestling is taking place at two different locations (Warren and Lakeside Elementary). Not ideal to limit wristbands with this the case, 3 coaches for 20 wrestlers..

17 minutes ago, WoodJC82 said:

It's worse than IHSAA.....mask required per the flyer.

As of the flyer being generated Warren Township schools required masks for students, staff, and visitors. When hosting events at schools you have to abide by their rules. Much like you can't smoke on school grounds and you can light one up just outside Gainbridge, things are different everywhere you go.

If you are adamantly against the dreaded mask, you will be overjoyed in knowing that Warren Township Schools recently became mask optional for everyone as of yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Trev Young said:

From the flyer,

"Club coaches with 1-5 wrestlers 1 WB,6-10 wrestlers 2 WB, 11-20 wrestlers 3 WB, 21-30 4 WB, 30&up 5 Wristbands. These club coaches are required to provide credentials for bands for entry. Unless you are the designated club coach a spectator band will be required."

‼️It appears wrestling is taking place at two different locations (Warren and Lakeside Elementary). Not ideal to limit wristbands with this the case, 3 coaches for 20 wrestlers..

I read that as you will only get free entry coaches band based on this number. So 5 wrestlers 1 free coach band, if you have 2 additional coaches they would need to buy a spectator band, but could then get a coaches band. I don't know this for fact but that was my interpretation. 

From what I have been told, the "free" coaches passes are dictated by how many wrestlers you have participating. However, anyone can still get a coaches band as long as they have a copper or bronze card, they just would have to purchase a regular spectator pass as well before going to check in for a coaches wristband.

Also I am sure the update will come soon, but I was told the mask mandate has been lifted for next weekend.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, brickfor6 said:

I read on the flyer that they are going to be limiting coaches wristbands. Out of all the things, why would you steal this one from the IHSAA??? 

Also, please tell me they are not going to do this...

Any reasoning or the usual arbitrary regulatory bullshit?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.