47 minutes ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

106 Frazier over Ash in finals 4-2

120 Linser over Bohn in Semis was a good match

120 Syra over Linser 3-2 in final also good match

145 Roudebush over Rhomenus in finals 2-1
170 Guenin over Brewer 7-3 quarters

170 Clouser over Oyebode 3-1 semis

170 Guenin over Clouser in finals 2-0

Linser is getting good really fast, major improvements!

42 minutes ago, Cowboys1 said:

By MFF

Score was 10-7 Holloway 

aquino gets boots in power half’s get 3 nf 

Ref stops action while Holloway is turned on his back. 
if he would continue it be 11-10 Aquino for stopping action while wrestler is on his back or it been pin.

Edited by Wrestlingfan937

Logan Bickel beat Peter Nyguen of Gurien Catholic 4-1 in the semis and then avenged a loss from 1A team state against Wyatt Davis of Rochester 2-1 to take home the small school state title.

Overall I was impressed with the level of competition that came to compete at this event. I hope it continues to grow and improve as the years go on.

I also saw a ton of good wrestling at Frosh/Soph State. Indiana is in a great place with a ton of studs at the middle school level waiting for their chance on the HS mats!

These could both be great events but hosting small school state the same weekend as Frosh/Soph eliminated a lot of athletes that would have otherwise competed at both. Would be great to see these on different weekends in the future as so many small schools have freshmen and sophomores that could have benefited from additional high quality matches.

36 minutes ago, djackson0944 said:

These could both be great events but hosting small school state the same weekend as Frosh/Soph eliminated a lot of athletes that would have otherwise competed at both. Would be great to see these on different weekends in the future as so many small schools have freshmen and sophomores that could have benefited from additional high quality matches.

They planned to have on different weekends this year but were not able to make it happen it will be on a differing weekend in the future is the hope!

50 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

Devon Adkins over Jake Petras and Kaeb Stebbins. Also hope Delta's state qualifier Braxton Russell is okay. Looked like he snapped his arm or dislocated it at the very least in his placement match. I think everyone that saw it could agree that it was very concerning.

Thank you! Braxton is doing well now! He did completely dislocate his elbow out of socket and was able to get in set back in once he got to the ER. We are glad it was nothing more with how bad it was at the moment! 

Thanks to all who have reached out and checked in! 

57 minutes ago, djackson0944 said:

The biggest problem I see with this would be that we are eating into school's track and field season, and preseason baseball workouts. I already have my Frosh/Soph delaying their spring season by a week to attend Frosh/Soph State, and now we'd be asking spring sports to allow us to potentially keep all of our kids for 2 extra weeks for a tournament that is not IHSAA sanctioned. 

1 hour ago, bomber_bob said:

The biggest problem I see with this would be that we are eating into school's track and field season, and preseason baseball workouts. I already have my Frosh/Soph delaying their spring season by a week to attend Frosh/Soph State, and now we'd be asking spring sports to allow us to potentially keep all of our kids for 2 extra weeks for a tournament that is not IHSAA sanctioned. 

We just had a few open room practices to let them roll around and break a good sweat beforehand, they were still pretty close to weight from the season.  It was held on a Sunday which shouldn't interfere with any of the other activities.  I do, agree that we need to be aware of these young people's time as we expect a lot from them time wise, we need to give them time to be a kid.  We had some kids not go simply because they didn't want to, and there was no pressure.  It also provided the ones that did want to compete with an extra opportunity at a pretty cool event.  

1 hour ago, Cody LeCount said:

Thank you! Braxton is doing well now! He did completely dislocate his elbow out of socket and was able to get in set back in once he got to the ER. We are glad it was nothing more with how bad it was at the moment! 

Thanks to all who have reached out and checked in! 

Coach, thanks for the update. All of our guys were concerned and will be glad to hear he is doing well. 

1 hour ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I think small school state should be a holiday  tournament. 

This is something I was thing about the other day. This issue in having it during the season is coming up with who would compete in it and dictating what teams would qualify for it. And that's the unfortunate part, if you go based off team it leave some good small school wrestlers out. It would also create the same issues as teams state when it comes to scheduling. 

Thinking a little outside the box - what if the small school series trailed the state series and held their tourneys on Sunday.  No wrestlers would participate on Saturday AND Sunday in the same week.  Maybe there could be some flexibility of what schools would go to which DISTRICTS tournaments based on number of participants, and how many would advance.

image.png.f5c89acfc14d4cfbf1cd43c1c544fbbe.png

6 minutes ago, base said:

Thinking a little outside the box - what if the small school series trailed the state series and held their tourneys on Sunday.  No wrestlers would participate on Saturday AND Sunday in the same week.  Maybe there could be some flexibility of what schools would go to which DISTRICTS tournaments based on number of participants, and how many would advance.

image.png.f5c89acfc14d4cfbf1cd43c1c544fbbe.png

It would have to be held out side the IHSAA since it's taking part on Sundays so it wouldn't have the backing of ADs but it would be a start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.