Let's talk skin funk

aoberlin

Who all has used a sterilaser and does it seem to do a good job? I would imagine you still need to at least dust mop the mats on the regular and still spray them. I use ProKure for my High School and The Fort and it isn't cheap but I still feel we have funk pop up here and there. I completely understand you can't fully stop it. But with the amount of traffic that goes through The Fort I would like do everything possible. Your opinions would be appreciated.

I am not sure what we did it at the HS level this year, but we did not have a single skin issue or skin form during the entire HS season.

We dry mopped and bleached/watered every day and used.  Also used KenClean Plus Disinfectant 1-2x per week, along with Defense Body wipes and Kennedy Body wipes.

I have some interest in the Sterilaser, along with what we already do.

2 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Who all has used a sterilaser and does it seem to do a good job? I would imagine you still need to at least dust mop the mats on the regular and still spray them. I use ProKure for my High School and The Fort and it isn't cheap but I still feel we have funk pop up here and there. I completely understand you can't fully stop it. But with the amount of traffic that goes through The Fort I would like do everything possible. Your opinions would be appreciated.

aoberlin: I am the Sterilaser rep for Indiana. We use ours every day in our room. You are correct, we use a static dust mop every day to pick up hair before we run the Sterilaser over the mat. We wet mop once a week and any time we bring the mats back into the room after a meet. 

Sterilasers are now in use at Frankton, NorthWood, Peru, Rochester and Wawasee besides Pendleton Heights. Greenfield and LaPorte just purchased units this past week. You can get a unit for 10% off until March 11. You can call me at 765-610-8150 if you have any other questions. Our website is www.sterilaser.net. Let me know if we can help. Would love to get Sterilaser into Homestead and the Fort!

Dave Cloud-Head Coach Pendleton Heights

Indiana Sterilaser Rep

47 minutes ago, dave cloud said:

aoberlin: I am the Sterilaser rep for Indiana. We use ours every day in our room. You are correct, we use a static dust mop every day to pick up hair before we run the Sterilaser over the mat. We wet mop once a week and any time we bring the mats back into the room after a meet. 

Sterilasers are now in use at Frankton, NorthWood, Peru, Rochester and Wawasee besides Pendleton Heights. Greenfield and LaPorte just purchased units this past week. You can get a unit for 10% off until March 11. You can call me at 765-610-8150 if you have any other questions. Our website is www.sterilaser.net. Let me know if we can help. Would love to get Sterilaser into Homestead and the Fort!

Indiana Sterilaser Rep

20% and you got a deal.... I kid.

On 2/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, dave cloud said:

Indiana Sterilaser Rep

Same thing?  https://www.thesterilaser.com/

On 2/25/2022 at 1:54 PM, dave cloud said:

Indiana Sterilaser Rep

Garrett uses one 

On 2/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, rookie78 said:

I am not sure what we did it at the HS level this year, but we did not have a single skin issue or skin form during the entire HS season.

We dry mopped and bleached/watered every day and used.  Also used KenClean Plus Disinfectant 1-2x per week, along with Defense Body wipes and Kennedy Body wipes.

If Prairie Farms can keep ringworm out of the barn then what's ur excuse. 

We use a Sterilaser.  We dry mop to make sure we get any hair, dirt, etc.  We have HS, MS, and Elem. that share our wrestling room on specific days.  When we have a dual or tournament, we dry mop and sterilaser the mats.  

I'm guessing but we probably actually wet mopped our mats less than 3x this year.  Zero skin issues.  Now the other thing we do is we make our HS kids shower at school after practice using either Defense Soap or Hibiclens.  We also launder their towels and clothes...everyday.  Many of our MS kids shower at school but it's not mandatory.

5 minutes ago, Clint Gard said:

We use a Sterilaser.  We dry mop to make sure we get any hair, dirt, etc.  We have HS, MS, and Elem. that share our wrestling room on specific days.  When we have a dual or tournament, we dry mop and sterilaser the mats.  

I'm guessing but we probably actually wet mopped our mats less than 3x this year.  Zero skin issues.  Now the other thing we do is we make our HS kids shower at school after practice using either Defense Soap or Hibiclens.  We also launder their towels and clothes...everyday.  Many of our MS kids shower at school but it's not mandatory.

Yeah I figure I can save on some money over a few years on the amount of ProKure I go through. But that stuff does a good job of killing the smell also. We had 5 showers put in for a reason, I will say they aren't used as much as I would like them but they do get used. Super handy for those kids that travel to get there. Thanks for your input. Anyone have a link for static mop heads? I have 2 but they came with the actual hardware I purchased. Can't seem to find them stand alone.

17 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Yeah I figure I can save on some money over a few years on the amount of ProKure I go through. But that stuff does a good job of killing the smell also. We had 5 showers put in for a reason, I will say they aren't used as much as I would like them but they do get used. Super handy for those kids that travel to get there. Thanks for your input. Anyone have a link for static mop heads? I have 2 but they came with the actual hardware I purchased. Can't seem to find them stand alone.

Harbor freight has them I believe

On 2/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, julio said:

Could we get a room unit for the same discount?  Like to get 1 for our locker room.

Julio--Yes, all Sterilaser items are 10% off until March 11, including the room units. That is my next purchase for our locker room. Text me your email (765-610-8150) and I will get you an invoice sent.

Dave

On 2/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, rookie78 said:

Rookie 78: Let me know if I can help you with a Sterilaser order. Sale runs until March 11.

Dave

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.