Only 2 Spectators Allowed at ISWA State?

Casey Bradley

I caught this on the flyer for the ISWA Folkstyle State Tournament.  The ISWA is only allowing each wrestler to have 2 spectators attend the event, what's up with that?  Its a shame that family members have to stay home from this important event.

25 minutes ago, Casey Bradley said:

I caught this on the flyer for the ISWA Folkstyle State Tournament.  The ISWA is only allowing each wrestler to have 2 spectators attend the event, what's up with that?  Its a shame that family members have to stay home from this important event.

Here is the 2022 info 

https://www.iswa.com/2022folkstylestate

Edited by feez

Along with a $50 entry fee, pretty sad.

With only allowing 2 spectators in attendance I now see why they are charging $20 a head, they want to capitalize on each person.  I wish the ISWA would state why they are only allowing 2 spectators to this event, have we seen limitations on fans at all this season at any tournaments?  I realize this is a bigger event then normal, but it is also broke down into separate sessions as well where there will be less capacity.

34 minutes ago, Casey Bradley said:

Along with a $50 entry fee, pretty sad.

With only allowing 2 spectators in attendance I now see why they are charging $20 a head, they want to capitalize on each person.  I wish the ISWA would state why they are only allowing 2 spectators to this event, have we seen limitations on fans at all this season at any tournaments?  I realize this is a bigger event then normal, but it is also broke down into separate sessions as well where there will be less capacity.

I’m still waiting for my refund from the Middle School State qualifier. 

5 minutes ago, JMILL said:

this is an IHSWCA event not ISWA

I’m just complaining as still a Indiana Event we wrestle in. I emailed about it and never heard back. I know I wasn’t the only one who double paid . Probably around 100 people . I assume the 2 spectators limit  is because At Warren Central. I thought Pat Culp was the person who was sending out the information for middle school state .

So I see only 2 spectators are allowed per wrestler. When I seen this I was like ok not a huge deal. I have 2 boys wrestling. 1 is a junior and 1 is a schoolboy. I also have another son no wrestling and a wife. So 5 of us total. I was going to say my 1 son had 2 spectators (wife and son not wrestling) and then my other son has 1 spectator (me). But I just thought about it the junior and schoolboy will be wrestling on different days so will this be allowed? Can someone help me out? 

2-3 spectators "recommended" 

There are opportunities to volunteer in exchange for food, shirt, admission band and team points.  Partner with some other clubs and split points.

Using the fairgrounds was way too expensive/lost money.  The ISWA did it so we could have a state tournament because no high schools were allowing events.  Personally, I was glad to have a state tournament after it was cancelled the previous year.

If an organization loses money enough times, then it will fail.  If you want to have a state organization, then costs will go up like everything else.

The financials are there in the annual meeting.  I think they lost like $40,000 last year.  Those that participate in travel wrestling should be used to prices like these.  Not uncommon.  Even the price for local tournaments have increased.

28 minutes ago, Justin Ratliff said:

2-3 spectators "recommended" 

There are opportunities to volunteer in exchange for food, shirt, admission band and team points.  Partner with some other clubs and split points.

Using the fairgrounds was way too expensive/lost money.  The ISWA did it so we could have a state tournament because no high schools were allowing events.  Personally, I was glad to have a state tournament after it was cancelled the previous year.

If an organization loses money enough times, then it will fail.  If you want to have a state organization, then costs will go up like everything else.

The financials are there in the annual meeting.  I think they lost like $40,000 last year.  Those that participate in travel wrestling should be used to prices like these.  Not uncommon.  Even the price for local tournaments have increased.

Actually folkstyle state earned a profit of about $15,000.

The big loss you are talking about was from hosting 14U and 16U National Duals. The 16U national duals lost $47,000 last year and the 14U national duals was $-10,000.

Folkstyle state was NOT the reason.

What is the usual profit margin on Folkstyle state? I bet there was money lost compared to what they usually bring in. 

They need to make money on the Folkstyle and FS/Greco state to fund everything else.

Everyone is invited to the meetings to bring ideas/help.