Indiana 1A/2A Individual State Tournament

base

Registration is closed in it, I didn’t know anything about it until like 3 weeks ago looking for competition threw track. 
32 man bracket broken down into 4 sections with 8 wrestlers from the same area to represent there semistate. Then in the senifinals you will face another area of the state. 
has over 400 wrestlers registered. Going to be an awesome weekend 

Well, I think it is a great idea to offer this to the small school wrestlers.  That is a shame that it is scheduled the same weekend as Frosh/Soph State - maybe that can be corrected in following years

Like the Team State tournament, I like the idea of going the "non-official" route and thereby controlling the makeup and schedule of the tournament.  It will be really interesting to see if this continues to grow - and to see some of the interesting matchups and results.  Maybe the smaller schools finally have their event to promote to prospective wrestlers at their school!

I like this idea as an addition to the single class individual tournament. Wish this could happen between team state duals and the single class individual tournament instead of an offseason event. Definitely leave it with the IHSWCA and not the IHSAA. Also like the Frosh/Soph tournament as an offseason event. 

For us personally it was a hard choice to make between frosh soph and small school state. We leaned towards frosh soph In the beginning because we assumed there would be high quality competition. We ended up choosing small school state because the 1 day event was a lot more appealing then 2 days.

regardless I seen some of the brackets and pleased with our decision. Small school state pulled in a lot of ranked kids and state qualifiers. 

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

At least you didn't bet any tacos on it.

Joe, never forgets anything.    I try to stay away from bets on Indianamat,  I suppose I dont have a high win %.  But Tacos are the best.

With that said, Im right 98% of the time,  the other 10% of the time,  I might be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Joe, never forgets anything.    I try to stay away from bets on Indianamat,  I suppose I dont have a high win %.  But Tacos are the best.

With that said, Im right 98% of the time,  the other 10% of the time,  I might be wrong.

60% of the time, it works every time

• 10 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

At least you didn't bet any tacos on it.

The loophole could have been if he could have talked his guy is it going 0-2 barbecue then it would only been one day for him technically and all the tacos would have been his. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

• 4 weeks later...

This event is happening. Believe it’s march 4/5 at Southmont HS.

Greg Hughes and Ryan Williams are the lead guys on this I believe.

Was a solid event last year.

I love the single class state, but this is something like frosh / soph state to give more opportunity so I like that.