Is Jesse the best ever?

ontherise219

Some would say it’s dumb to compare wrestlers from then to today . All you can compare is their wins & loses . To me today HS wrestling is so much more advanced than in the HS wrestler in the past . The funk has advanced so much, even the creativity of the basic gramby roll is better now . Their defense is better and offense better every year  . Just going to give everyone a heads up… These next few years coming up your going to see Yannis extreme funk, how in the hell that guy didn’t score on him , Rutherfords tilts for for automatic 3 , Spencer’s tight Arm bars, Taylors snaps so bad the opponents head bounces on the mat . All in the arsenals of a HS wrestler. Why ? Because the kids are looking up to idols they see on TV, streaming, even got videos on how to master of these positions . Crazy what these lil’ kids as young as 8-9-10 year olds are hitting at practice. 

Jesse is so good that I am not going to renew my Iowa season tickets anymore. I’m going to go ahead and get me set of Ohio season tickets just because he will be a huge influence for Ohio the next 4-6 years. 
i smell a national team title coming. 👀 

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Some would say it’s dumb to compare wrestlers from then to today . All you can compare is their wins & loses . To me today HS wrestling is so much more advanced than in the HS wrestler in the past . The funk has advanced so much, even the creativity of the basic gramby roll is better now . Their defense is better and offense better every year  . Just going to give everyone a heads up… These next few years coming up your going to see Yannis extreme funk, how in the hell that guy didn’t score on him , Rutherfords tilts for for automatic 3 , Spencer’s tight Arm bars, Taylors snaps so bad the opponents head bounces on the mat . All in the arsenals of a HS wrestler. Why ? Because the kids are looking up to idols they see on TV, streaming, even got videos on how to master of these positions . Crazy what these lil’ kids as young as 8-9-10 year olds are hitting at practice. 

Dude wrestling has evolved along with technology. I love it! There is some very high quality free instructional film on YouTube that you can learn from. I was just watching a break down on desanto foot sweep. Anyways with flo wrestling, track and Facebook finding footage on any wrestler is so easy. Learning moves from film is easier, finding open mats, competition is easier. Look at the assassin for example 6 years ago it was uncommon to see it now people hitting left and right. Why? Facebook, film, flow ect. Kids are getting way way better with scrambles it amazes me also. 

4 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

FACTS! With access to the internet tutorials breaking down elite wrestlers methods and techniques, the youngsters will just get better and better as long as they are willing to spend the time physically applying the knowledge that’s available.. Frankly, it may be one of the great equalizers for kids who can’t get to the big academies to get elite, in person coaching…at least as far as gaining high caliber coaching on technique that some of the smaller rural schools don’t always have.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.