Well, it's over

rookie78

Now that the IHSAA State Finals are over, there were some highlights and lowlights. 

Obviously the negative stuff such as the #ticketgate, 2 Friday sessions, the elevator situation at the Hyatt Place, over priced concessions at the 'Bridge, etc., etc., etc.

But on a better note, I am glad that:

I was able to attend both sessions (couldn't by tix last year for Saturday and watched on my laptop from across the street 🤬).

Seating wasn't restricted as it was last year.

There was a podium.

Kids had time to gather themselves, win or lose on Saturday, without being forced to take a picture with there medals.

The sportsmanship of the competitors.  Lots of great matches.  Some upsets. Some OT matches. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.  Whether it was Friday or Saturday, not once did I see poor sportsmanship amongst the kids. Very well done kids!

13 minutes ago, 12andcounting said:

I was also glad to hear the MD cheering section during the finals. That brings me back to MSA when the fans would get rowdy. 

We sat in section 14, beside the CP group.  They were loud, but holy cow...EMD group was on another level.  It sounded like they had 3x as many fans.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.