New Castle 2

Fort Wayne 1

Team Points:

Evansville 476.5

East Chicago 394.5

New Castle 278

Fort Wayne 231

1 minute ago, RAJR said:

Thanks for the break down! Can someone help me out and explain what placers and schools with placer means? 

If I’m reading it correctly placers refers to the total number of wrestlers that placed from that Semi-State.  

While schools with placers refers to the number of different schools from that Semi-State who had at least one wrestler place at State.  

2 minutes ago, RAJR said:

Thanks for the break down! Can someone help me out and explain what placers and schools with placer means? 

FW SS had 28 placers among 24 different schools, for example. Evansville had 37 among 17 schools.

33 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would be curious to see what the break down looks like with the highest scoring team removed from each semi state’s count. 

Evansville 370

East Chicago 216

New Castle 220

Fort Wayne 201

But this obviously removes 11 wrestlers from EC, and only 4 from FW for example.

Edited by maligned

16 minutes ago, RocksFan said:

Top 3 In State at 120 are the same top 3 from New Castle this year. 

Same thing for Evansville at 160.

With an EVV sweep just barely being missed as Goodwin (EC #1) tied his Friday night match against Newman (EVV #4) in the finals seconds & winning with a TD in SV. Now of course Newman would have had to win his next match for it to have been a 1-4 finish for EVV but he would have had a good chance given Goodwin won his next match by Fall.

Just to add to the Breakdown by SemiStates:

There were (5) #4 over #1.

EVV - 3 at 113, 170, 195

FW - 2 at 160, 285

There were (3) weights were one SS got all 4 through.

EVV - 2 at 113, 195

FW - 1 at 160

Edited by SIACfan

Just food for thought:

While FW brought up the rear in Finalists, Semi-Finalists, Champs & Team Points, they were:

-2nd in Placers

-2nd in #4 over #1's

-2nd in getting 4 through at one weight

-1st in number of teams with a Qualifier

Those numbers indicate that their overall depth is in good shape. If they improve just a little in quality they will be right there.

Edited by SIACfan

39 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

When will it end? 

Idk, you got 200+ going to these Academies, not to mention the Club kids just in Hendricks County . Look at the numbers at ISWA State and kids who’s registered , Contenders, Red Cobra, I see CIA is back, MCWC all feeding into this Semi State . 

Little kids are the future and there is a Army of them, way I look at it is ……. 15-20 years of 

meat beef GIF 

🔒it ☝🏾

Edited by TeamGarcia

Does any other part of the state have wrestled leave like NWI 

113: Resendez illinois big class runner up 

120: Acuna Illinois SQ 

126: Lemley illinois Champ

also in illinois 

Tsirtsis Munster (ssq) 

Drouias Cedar lake 

Perez Munster 

Mooresville Regional

24 qualifiers 

17 place winners 

11 wrestlers in the top 4

6 in the finals 

106 1,6

113 2,8

120 SQ

126 2,6,SQ

132 3,5,SQ,SQ

138 4

145 1,8,SQ

152 5

160 3

182 1,3

220 SQ

Hwt 3,4,SQ

brownsburg, CG, Avon, whiteland, Franklin  all had wrestler(s) in the top 4. 

Edited by Coach Coop

15 hours ago, maligned said:

Placers:

Evansville 37

Fort Wayne 28

East Chicago 26

New Castle 21

Schools with a placer:
Fort Wayne 24

Evansville 17

East Chicago 13

New Castle 11

Semi-finalists:

Evansville 20

East Chicago 17

New Castle 14

Fort Wayne 5

Finalists:

East Chicago 11

Evansville 10

New Castle 5

Fort Wayne 2

Champs:

Evansville 6

East Chicago 5

New Castle 2

Fort Wayne 1

Team Points:

Evansville 476.5

East Chicago 394.5

New Castle 278

Fort Wayne 231

How about Ft.Wayne bringing the pain with the small schools

7 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Idk, you got 200+ going to these Academies, not to mention the Club kids just in Hendricks County . Look at the numbers at ISWA State and kids who’s registered , Contenders, Red Cobra, I see CIA is back, MCWC all feeding into this Semi State . 

Little kids are the future and there is a Army of them, way I look at it is ……. 15-20 years of 

meat beef GIF 

🔒it ☝🏾

My opinion based on my observations - Academies are not some secret ingredient to that sausage.   Don’t let anyone tell you it is.  The secret ingredient is the extra practice outside of regular school practice.  Working on technic in small groups.  Getting better at your craft. This can be done by your school or club coaches.  Take Drake Buchanan. Started wrestling in elementary school. Between Contenders, CIA and Red Cobra he has attended less than 25 sessions in all those years. Most of those being practices for Duals teams he was asked to be on.  It was the HS and club coaches spending time with Drake and 2-3 of his teammates in small groups teaching new technics and breaking back habits.  Over and over and over again.   Did you know Drake is a righty?  Where did that wicked left leg lead and attack come from. It came from a HS coach seeing that he was able to attack to the left and a summer of “Do it again!  Do it again!  Hand cupped! Move it down! Again!” After the “Summer of love”. Drake went into 8th grade with a left leg lead.  That is impact.  The extra time in small groups.  A room packed with kids and 2-3 coaches can’t make that impact.  You don’t need “Great” wrestling partners every day. No question it helps.   You can to go live at a live night or a tournament to see what works and what needs fixed.  Then spend the time fixing it.  Why go to another all day Saturday open when you would improve more with 2 hours of technic training.  Sure it helps to have “Great” partners.  Lots of things help.  But doing something wrong over and over again against a “Great” partner doesn’t make it better.  Now I admit, getting the coach and the 2-3 other wrestling partners that want to get better is another conversation.  But it is the time spent on technic, actively getting better that is the key to improving.    As I said In my opinion.    

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

My opinion based on my observations - Academies are not some secret ingredient to that sausage.   Don’t let anyone tell you it is.  The secret ingredient is the extra practice outside of regular school practice.  Working on technic in small groups.  Getting better at your craft. This can be done by your school or club coaches.  Take Drake Buchanan. Started wrestling in elementary school. Between Contenders, CIA and Red Cobra he has attended less than 25 sessions in all those years. Most of those being practices for Duals teams he was asked to be on.  It was the HS and club coaches spending time with Drake and 2-3 of his teammates in small groups teaching new technics and breaking back habits.  Over and over and over again.   Did you know Drake is a righty?  Where did that wicked left leg lead and attack come from. It came from a HS coach seeing that he was able to attack to the left and a summer of “Do it again!  Do it again!  Hand cupped! Move it down! Again!” After the “Summer of love”. Drake went into 8th grade with a left leg lead.  That is impact.  The extra time in small groups.  A room packed with kids and 2-3 coaches can’t make that impact.  You don’t need “Great” wrestling partners every day. No question it helps.   You can to go live at a live night or a tournament to see what works and what needs fixed.  Then spend the time fixing it.  Why go to another all day Saturday open when you would improve more with 2 hours of technic training.  Sure it helps to have “Great” partners.  Lots of things help.  But doing something wrong over and over again against a “Great” partner doesn’t make it better.  Now I admit, getting the coach and the 2-3 other wrestling partners that want to get better is another conversation.  But it is the time spent on technic, actively getting better that is the key to improving.    As I said In my opinion.    

Small schools just do not have anywhere near the access to "extra practice", especially with elite partners. This is not an argument, it is a fact. Not taking away from the great big school wrestlers who succeed, but rather an observation.

43 minutes ago, greco165 said:

How about Ft.Wayne bringing the pain with the small schools

And this is even with Yorktown down. Add in a traditional full strength Yorktown squad and that's 4-6 qualifiers and 2-4 placers.

Edited by greco165

41 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Congrats to State Champion Drake Buchanan excellent 

Totally get what your saying and your theory works for your wrestler . To me that’s the old way of producing a State Champion . Others will agree with me . This is my opinion. 

Now look at the Academies Wrestlers ask yourself why has Hendricks County Schools Benefits producing 15x State Champions for the last 9 years straight. Mass production State Champs . 
(2x Molloy, 2x Hudkins, 3x B. Lee, 3x Garcia, Brewer, Miller, Keys, Montgomery, Hockaday) All been wrestling at Academies . These kids all went through Mooresville Regional, Evansville SS . 

Haven’t even got to MCWC State Champions down in Evansville or other Academies down in southern Indiana or the multiple Academies around Indianapolis area that feed into Evansville SS . 

This goes with my point that the 200+ Academy wrestlers just in Hendricks County is producing more & more meat to grind of that Semi State for the future of this Evansville Semi State . It’s not stopping anytime soon . 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It sure didn't hurt Center Grove picking up a great coach.  Swain did a bang up job out in the sticks of Montgomery County for several years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.