Marshall Fishback

rdrodd1

20 hours ago, regionrat1 said:

Does anyone think that someone with 3 years experience could be a champ in any other weight class these days ? I think Lee Kemp started his sophomore year too - was a NCAA finalist at 17. It could happen but odds maybe be better at winning da lotto. 

You might be able to see it happen at 182-220 if you have an absolute freak of an athlete, but from 106-170 I don't think you'll ever see it.

20 hours ago, regionrat1 said:

Does anyone think that someone with 3 years experience could be a champ in any other weight class these days ? I think Lee Kemp started his sophomore year too - was a NCAA finalist at 17. It could happen but odds maybe be better at winning da lotto. 

Deondre Wilson won a title in his third year. He beat some hammers on his way including two-time champ Drew Hughes. Then his senior year beat Brandon James who is in the conversation of the best to never snag a title.

Don't forget that the runner up also was in his 3rd year as well. Major accomplishment of both. Fishback locked up the semi state over my Bagubas (Flying Jets) the week before in OT. Clifford was in on a single leg at the end of regulation that could have altered the bracket besides the semi state if he converted. 

12 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Don't forget that the runner up also was in his 3rd year as well. Major accomplishment of both. Fishback locked up the semi state over my Bagubas (Flying Jets) the week before in OT. Clifford was in on a single leg at the end of regulation that could have altered the bracket besides the semi state if he converted. 

Platonov wrestled as a freshman. So this is his 4th year of wrestling. 

On 2/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, regionrat1 said:

I'm with the rat.  285 has no semblance to other Indiana high school weight classes.  It's an apples and anvils comparison.  Malaprop intended.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:49 PM, casualwrestlingfan said:

*Side note* Proud Mom moment- my son shook up that bracket! But Fishback is a beast for sure. 

On 2/20/2022 at 12:02 PM, regionrat1 said:

A mongoose deals with a snake by feinting, dodging and moving faster and with more agility than the snake, abilities given by natural selection to the mongoose but which must be learned by the wrestler by training and practice.

An elephant just walks up to the snake and stomps on it. The wrestler still has to develope  the power by training, of course, and skills are also important, but power goes a long way. If one of these big fellows gets ahold of you, or even worse, on top of you, well, that can really spoil your whole day!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.