New Prairie has 1st state champion

rmckinney88

22 minutes ago, hirsej said:

Why did Christian leave Penn?  

I could tell by his interview last night that Christian is a great young man . I followed his results since he was very young . As a Penn Alum and fan ,  I was so excited once he started high school . I was also very disappointed when I heard he was transferring . Why did he leave Penn ? I don't know , but I wish I did . 

23 hours ago, Jam said:

Any other head coaches graduate from Manchester University?  New Prairie and Rochester's head coaches both attended there and both schools got there first state champ tonight.

My Coach Rod Williams graduated from Manchester. Snider's old coach Mike Ester graduated from there also and he was a great coach and had his fare share of awesome wrestlers. I believe there were quite a few others. I was talking about this a couple weeks ago. Quite a few graduates came back and gave back to Northeast Indiana. I have heard many stories about Coach Jarman back in the day. I went to a couple camps there under him and they use to be a D3 powerhouse.

In response to the Tom Jarman influence upon Manchester grads and their impact upon successes we witnessed this past weekend, let me add this. Before Coach Jarman was at Manchester, before he was at Northwestern, he came to Taylor University my senior year and had a profound influence upon me and in my initiating the wrestling program at Adams Central. The rest is history.

Just curious what an investigative journalism team of dilettantes is hoping to gain or fix by digging into a high school junior's history.  He has been nothing less than completely humble.  If you have certain adults as targets for your persecution, get after them or their schools.  But please also examine your motives for doing so.  The tournament is over and results are in the books.

I graduated from Manchester in 2003. I’ve been the head coach at New Haven since 2013.  Mark Rakoczy graduated the same year.  He coaches at Utica (OH).  Kris Hueber graduated shortly after us, and he is the HC at Warsaw.  Jamie Salazar and Jason Brown are assistants at Wawasee and LaPorte. They graduated around the same time too.  

7 minutes ago, NH-Coach said:

I graduated from Manchester in 2003. I’ve been the head coach at New Haven since 2013.  Mark Rakoczy graduated the same year.  He coaches at Utica (OH).  Kris Hueber graduated shortly after us, and he is the HC at Warsaw.  Jamie Salazar and Jason Brown are assistants at Wawasee and LaPorte. They graduated around the same time too.  

I didn't know that! So awesome to see coaching lineage. Coach Ester would tell hilarious stories of him and Jarman. Coach Williams had some doozies also. Great stuff.

19 minutes ago, Websterk149 said:

Is Manchester U the Indiana High School Wrestling 'Coaches U'? Many are asking and stats back it up

You can add one South Adams assistant coach to that tree. Even though I never wrestled for Manchester, just went there. Did attend one practice though. Wild how no one stopped me. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

You can add one South Adams assistant coach to that tree. Even though I never wrestled for Manchester, just went there. Did attend one practice though. Wild how no one stopped me. 

I'd say that still counts! Had to start the road to a great coach somewhere. No one stopped you because they saw the potential in you

3 hours ago, Websterk149 said:

Is Manchester U the Indiana High School Wrestling 'Coaches U'? Many are asking and stats back it up

I feel like Ball State used to be, but the further they get away from having an actual team the less I notice it in the coaching circles.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.