EMD

1prouddad

As one of the most most prolific wrestling programs, EMD has been near or at the top for a while. 
But now, they lose 6 quality seniors going into next year. They bring back up a couple solid wrestlers in Schaefer and May but ALOT of big holes to fill. 
I know they seem to always find a way, but this looks like a bleak time right now. With other teams like CP, BB,Avon and a few others having some stud freshmen coming in Im not seeing that list for EMD. 

With that said, who does EMD coming in that could make some noise either as a freshmen or someone coming up from JV? 

9 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

As one of the most most prolific wrestling programs, EMD has been near or at the top for a while. 
But now, they lose 6 quality seniors going into next year. They bring back up a couple solid wrestlers in Schaefer and May but ALOT of big holes to fill. 
I know they seem to always find a way, but this looks like a bleak time right now. With other teams like CP, BB,Avon and a few others having some stud freshmen coming in Im not seeing that list for EMD. 

With that said, who does EMD coming in that could make some noise either as a freshmen or someone coming up from JV? 

They bring back Schaefer, Seng, Elpers, Vanover, May, Turner, and Martin. Out of this group they have 5 sectionals titles, 4 regional titles, 2 semi state titles, and two placers. All seven returners went to semi state. They won’t be what they’ve been the last few years but they’ll be a solid team. 

the middle school rankings don’t show any top 50 8th graders coming in but I’m sure they’ll have someone. 

31 minutes ago, navy80 said:

They bring back Schaefer, Seng, Elpers, Vanover, May, Turner, and Martin. Out of this group they have 5 sectionals titles, 4 regional titles, 2 semi state titles, and two placers. All seven returners went to semi state. They won’t be what they’ve been the last few years but they’ll be a solid team. 

the middle school rankings don’t show any top 50 8th graders coming in but I’m sure they’ll have someone. 

I stand corrected on my account. For some reason I thought Seng was a Sr. Only a sophomore. 

12 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Dark times ahead.  Minus The transfers of Critchfield and May the 2021-2022 Wildcats would have been mediocre.

Just keep our fingers crossed some stud wrestlers up north moves to Evansville and decides to transfer to MD

11 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Dark times ahead.  Minus The transfers of Critchfield and May the 2021-2022 Wildcats would have been mediocre.

Just keep our fingers crossed some stud wrestlers up north moves to Evansville and decides to transfer to MD

Bro…. Nobody from any other school but EMD likes you and now your taking a crap on them. Do you just want zero friends??? Never count EMD out. Just saying….

shade read GIF

22 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Mediocre? Is that what you call 2 state titles, a fifth place finisher and 7th place finisher? That's what we have without May and Critchfield. I'd be interested to see how you rate your own life. My guess is by these standards its far from mediocre. 

13 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

Mediocre? Is that what you call 2 state titles, a fifth place finisher and 7th place finisher? That's what we have without May and Critchfield. I'd be interested to see how you rate your own life. My guess is by these standards its far from mediocre. 

Please go ahead and tell me how much more we would have done at Team State and yesterday without Critchfield and May.  

details please

3 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Please go ahead and tell me how much more we would have done at Team State and yesterday without Critchfield and May.  

details please

Who said we would have done more without them? I just don't get your "mediocre" rating of a team that, without Critchfield and May, placed 4 wrestlers and took home 2 state titles. Is reading that hard? 

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Bro…. Nobody from any other school but EMD likes you and now your taking a crap on them. Do you just want zero friends??? Never count EMD out. Just saying….

shade read GIF

I also went to IU and I talk all sorts of smack on IU football, basketball, and wrestling!

Edited by PhillyFanMD

3 hours ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF 

that the Wild Kitties won’t scratch our Eyes out or devour them Bulldogs, Orioles, Trojans, Olympians like you predicted earlier this year anymore Huh ? 

55 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF 

that the Wild Kitties won’t scratch our Eyes out or devour them Bulldogs, Orioles, Trojans, Olympians like you predicted earlier this year anymore Huh ? 

Let’s be honest, most teams of comparable classification (3a 4a) classes clawed  those eyes out of the Orioles(3-12 record). To include those Wild kitties who walked out with a 46-22 drumming of the Orioles. Will be interesting going forward if Avon does have some of those young guns coming in or if they too abandon them and go to the greener pastures of the BB as others did. 

Just quoting what your fan Philly said about 3 weeks ago what the Kitties was going to do . 
Just wanna clear the air that in the future when those teams come down there there no chance of them Wildcats eating and scratching them ! 😂

Edited by TeamGarcia
Last paragraph

In the past 20 - 25 years.  Misahwaka was the stud team.  Portage had their time in the sun.  Griffith, remember them?  Lawrence North.  Columbus East had some hammers for a while.  Perry Meridian and Cathedral.  One thing in common with all those eras, MD has been in the conversation EVERY YEAR.  We haven't faded into the sunset yet.

MD has had down seasons before.  Losing to castle two years in a row in the team state series, the year we only had two qualifiers and both lost on Friday night are a couple of examples.  We bounced back.  Next year's team will have big holes to fill and it will be nearly impossible to replace the team points they are losing.  I think the lower-middle weights will be fine.  I'm assuming Martin will be up at 195.  Maybe Austin Vanover at 220.  No idea who the 285 will be.  We've got several semi-state qualifiers coming back that could get over the hump and get to state, but there are still holes that need to be filled.  I think it will be CP and BB battling it out for the title next year.

13 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

MD has had down seasons before.  Losing to castle two years in a row in the team state series, the year we only had two qualifiers and both lost on Friday night are a couple of examples.  We bounced back.  Next year's team will have big holes to fill and it will be nearly impossible to replace the team points they are losing.  I think the lower-middle weights will be fine.  I'm assuming Martin will be up at 195.  Maybe Austin Vanover at 220.  No idea who the 285 will be.  We've got several semi-state qualifiers coming back that could get over the hump and get to state, but there are still holes that need to be filled.  I think it will be CP and BB battling it out for the title next year.

You just never know who might transfer in.  Could Purdy be the next one?  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.