Frosh-Soph State Finals

rookie78

8 minutes ago, ARich said:

When will the wrestlers whom competed in the the Indy Nationals yesterday and qualified or should have, find there name in the Frosh-Soph State listing on Track?

PA announcement yesterday at Southport was that they’ll show up on Track sometime Tuesday.

1 hour ago, HawkinIndy said:

PA announcement yesterday at Southport was that they’ll show up on Track sometime Tuesday.

yes, we are working on getting it up ASAP, but we should have it done by tomorrow morning and the State Qualifiers, SS Quarterfinalists, SS Qualifiers, and both North and South Qualifiers are in. 

27 minutes ago, ENoblewrestling said:

Can a kid go down from the weight they wrestled at semi--state?  

Once qualified, you could have wrestled 152 during the season (or qualifiers) and wrestle 106 if you want to chop off a leg or something. (But we don’t advise that)

Has anyone ran the statistics on how some of the Fresh/Soph placers have ended up fairing at the regular state level by the next year or two.  With this being year 6 there is definitely some  data to see what young wrestlers made a state level impact in the following years.  

Edited by MattM

Great question! I would say it is probably a great spring board for some. But obviously works both ways.  I see Haynes/searcy both won this last year and in the finals this year. And then I seen others that won this last year and didn’t make it out of SS this year. So it’s be nice to see the actual metics.

Share this, or post it wherever you want. You can double check qualifiers on Trackwrestling. Enter the event as a viewer, and click on Wrestlers in the top menu. You can sort however works best for you, but that is the current list of Qualifiers.

Frosh/Soph State prices

Cash at the door.

Wrestlers - $30

Spectators - One day band = $10, Two day band = $15 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:18 PM, MattM said:

Has anyone ran the statistics on how some of the Fresh/Soph placers have ended up fairing at the regular state level by the next year or two.  With this being year 6 there is definitely some  data to see what young wrestlers made a state level impact in the following years.  

I can think of tons of qualifiers placers/state champs that placed or won Frosh/sophmore state

22 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I can think of tons of qualifiers placers/state champs that placed or won Frosh/sophmore state

There are simply too many to list.  This tournament is a fantastic indicator for who you will see in Indy the following year.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.