Classes??

mdtodd

1 minute ago, Trinedad said:

the 300 mile rule needs to go away. It is time to allow the best of Indiana to compete against the best from across the country. I do not know why it was put into place, but it needs to go away,  in all sports.

IHSAA doesn’t want schools to travel too far, miss too much school, or spend craft. money to much to compete nationally.  They believe their are enough good teams within the 300mile radius to not need to go beyond that.  And yes there are plenty of great teams within that distance to compete against.  However, the IHSAA never  took into account individual events where some teams that enter may travel from beyond that distance. I can live with a 300 mile limit for IN teams, but not when it’s enforced on other none IN teams.  It shouldn’t matter to IHSAA how far a out of state team has to travel to face a IN team.  If they want to make that sacrifice it’s on them and since their travel doesn’t affect our athletes it shouldn’t be an issue.  

1 minute ago, MattM said:

IHSAA doesn’t want schools to travel too far, miss too much school, or spend craft. money to much to compete nationally.  They believe their are enough good teams within the 300mile radius to not need to go beyond that.  And yes there are plenty of great teams within that distance to compete against.  However, the IHSAA never  took into account individual events where some teams that enter may travel from beyond that distance. I can live with a 300 mile limit for IN teams, but not when it’s enforced on other none IN teams.  It shouldn’t matter to IHSAA how far a out of state team has to travel to face a IN team.  If they want to make that sacrifice it’s on them and since their travel doesn’t affect our athletes it shouldn’t be an issue.  

you be sure to let me know when the IHSAA makes a logical decision.

@MattM totally agree.... the 300 mile rule would definitely be palatable if once you got to the competition location anyone that traveled there you could compete against.

The current rule is two or three fold the punishment and such a nightmare to deal with that it's almost not worth traveling out of state.

@Trinedad i agree... I wont hold my breath. They did everything in their power to make the state tournament more complicated than it needed to be this year logic has left the building

I'd love to see a classed individual tournament sometime between the classed team dual tournament and the single class individual tournament. I'd like to see at the single class individual tournament an overall team champion like we have but also the highest point scoring teams by class & award them too.

It doesn’t seem like the top of the card is the issue in Indiana. It’s the mid-card on down. 

Would anyone be willing to compromise? Obviously all of this is just fantasy…

Cancel the 300 mile rule IF we agree to a classed individual tournament? Or would you rather keep the one class and the 300 mile rule?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.