State Finals 2022- Notable Matches, Upsets, etc.

navy80

On 2/19/2022 at 8:04 PM, Butt Drag said:

The hands never touched, - the locked hands call was terrible, the arm you could see was JAckson's, not Haines.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, RAJR said:

Guess we disagree. doesn't have to be a hand, any part of the arm. Watched replay several times, they touched at least once.

I watched it as well. For most refs, all they have to do is brush or overlap each other to be called. The first was “more fragrant” but the ref might have been out of position. I was surprised he didn’t call the one just before locked-hands, it was right in his face!

5 hours ago, Ryan Lynch said:

If he runs from Landon Hawkins he might. 

LT will be bigger than Jake and most likely never in the same weight class. Kids like Jake don’t run either and is a great competitor. I have seen all these kids mix it up together in a practice room and Jake was willing to wrestle anyone. Both will be tough for years to come.

Edited by JORVILLE

On 2/19/2022 at 8:26 PM, Silence Dogood said:

Should have given out 2 runnerup medals after regulation at 160.

I understand that people want points, but those two wrestlers are bad ass dudes who’ve wrestled each other many times and are both two of the best re-attackers in the state. 

If you watch the big screen you can see their hand fighting and they are awesome. 

big props to Kade Law, that dude scares me. 
J Conway won two great finals. What an absolute beast. 

6 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Tyler Jones (Warren Central) is a physical specimen who seems a little raw, but best wrestling days ahead of him.

Very impressed with him this weekend. Just from the small sample size I’ve seen of him, I thought he was a great athlete that didn’t open up. My goodness did he finally let loose this weekend. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.