State Finals 2022- Notable Matches, Upsets, etc.

navy80

10 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Sammy Goins

”I was tired, so basically I stalled”. 
Lol and love it

I was just thinking, I don't think I've ever heard a guy announce to a crowd that he was stalling.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  No problem with that at all.  It made me laugh.  

Just now, SWINfan said:

Brody Baumann from JV as a freshman to 2x State Champ!  Almost finished it off with a fall but couldn't quite get it.  14-3 will have to do!

He’s been amazing to watch. Watched him since he was about 50 lbs.  It’s been an honor to watch him grow to what he is today. Bright future for sure 

Just now, Mattyb said:

Confession… I went to Ohio to watch Carson wrestle…. But I watched all day and am so proud of all of the boys. Congrats to both Bullgogs!  Most importantly….  Did we booo em? 

I'm not in the arena, but the only boos I remember hearing were aimed at referees.  There were a "few" of those  :)

1 hour ago, MattM said:

That jump up past 106/113 is always a big adjustment for even the top guys.  We will see if he can make it as he grows some. 

Jake going up in weight, The Iceman already talked about going to Fogo and eating every steak there. Top 12 National Ranked as a Freshman and State Champ he’ll be fine . Gotta make room for that 106 coming .
He’s pretty good and will be National Ranked 106 also …. Watch ! 

1 minute ago, MattM said:

Is Carroll now joining to the man-child (beast mode) status of Paris, Chalfaunt, and Radnovich?  For IN fan sake let’s hope he doesn’t joint the Penn RTC a year early.  

Are we sure he's not 30?  That's a man's physique!   

I'm kinda secretly hoping he changes his mind and flips to Penn St. but I have no idea if that is even possible or was ever a consideration.

12 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Jake going up in weight, The Iceman already talked about going to Fogo and eating every steak there. Top 12 National Ranked as a Freshman and State Champ he’ll be fine . Gotta make room for that 106 coming .
He’s pretty good and will be National Ranked 106 also …. Watch ! 

Yeah that 106 y’all got coming in is quite impressive. 

6 minutes ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Very impressive and then after his freshman year he will be moving up for another very impressive freshman coming in lol. 

Looking at the youth ranking forum, they have a few solid freshmen coming in. 

Anybody else notice Maurer talking on the broadcast about Mendez being the 2nd Indiana high schooler to go to Ohio St. after himself? Bryer Hall literally just graduated last year and is having a nice season with them RIGHT NOW. Felt like an egregious snub that it would be so far out of his and Goebel's conscience.

5 minutes ago, maligned said:

Anybody else notice Maurer talking on the broadcast about Mendez being the 2nd Indiana high schooler to go to Ohio St. after himself? Bryer Hall literally just graduated last year and is having a nice season with them RIGHT NOW. Felt like an egregious snub that it would be so far out of his and Goebel's conscience.

I could be wrong but I felt they were referencing a 4x'er going on to Ohio State. That's how I understood it. 

Edited by Sweats McFurley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.