State Finals 2022- Notable Matches, Upsets, etc.

navy80

Looks like we will see the future of the upper weights for 3rd/4th this evening.   We usually don’t see more than one freshman at a high weight class make it to state and most don’t place.  Very impressive run by two freshman at 182 and a sign of big things to come.   

47 minutes ago, base said:

Seriously, if anyone has Joe Caprino's number - or anyone else on the floor.  If you could ask them to put on audio for Seminfinal Mat 3.

Upcoming is 220 Carroll vs Critchfield, Veazy vs Buchanan, and more.... with no sound.

I'm sure they are aware of it, technical difficulties happen. Be thankful we get to watch it at all.

21 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Mat 3 with no sound again…

I've sent support tickets to Flo about 7-8 times for Mat 3 today.  Sent 3 in a row during the Critchfield - Carroll match.  Finally it came on.  They must get tired of having to deal with multiple tickets for the same issue, which is simply someone at the table forgetting to UnMute their mic.  Ridiculous!

5 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

No, not thankful because someone constantly forgets to unmute their mic.  Being thankful we get to watch at all = accepting mediocrity, or worse

How certain are you that it was a muted mic? That is making quite the assumption.... and you know the old saying about assume. Perhaps I have more empathy from working in IT, it could be a bad mic, dongle, or a short in one of many cables.

1 hour ago, Tgangwer said:

How certain are you that it was a muted mic? That is making quite the assumption.... and you know the old saying about assume. Perhaps I have more empathy from working in IT, it could be a bad mic, dongle, or a short in one of many cables.

Because it happened off and on all day on that mat.  When it would start working it would stop again between matches, which is when they mute the mic.  And every time I sent in a support ticket, it magically got turned back on not long after.  And when it worked, it worked as it should, until the next time they muted it between matches. 

I'm comfortable with that assumption.

Hate to come off like a broken record, as I mentioned this last week....  but I detest the idea that 3rd, 5th and 7th Place matches are so unimportant that they cut short the 1st period.  

it's not like this tournament has full wrestlebacks and time is at a major premium.  Let the damned kids wrestle a full match as if it means something!

28 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Hate to come off like a broken record, as I mentioned this last week....  but I detest the idea that 3rd, 5th and 7th Place matches are so unimportant that they cut short the 1st period.  

it's not like this tournament has full wrestlebacks and time is at a major premium.  Let the damned kids wrestle a full match as if it means something!

I have argued this for years!!!

For those that didn't catch this article back in December.  Just thought I would highlight it again, sharing Nathan Critchfield's story.

Nate wrestled for Mt. Carmel HS in IL (not Chicago Mt. Carmel) and was a 2 time State placer, finishing 3rd his junior year.  A tumor was found in his spinal chord in August 2020.  A couple of surgeries, an infection and a long recovery followed.  His family moved to Evansville in his year off and he came to Mater Dei for his senior year.  For him to reach the level he has is a pretty incredible accomplishment.  And to be the only one to go the full match against Christian Carroll just highlights it.  

Congrats to Nathan!!

Article: Critchfield Ready for One Last Go In Indiana

Edited by SWINfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.