State Finals 2022- Notable Matches, Upsets, etc.

navy80

5 minutes ago, RAJR said:

I think mat 2 is doing audio across the mats? at least it seems that way.

Makes no sense that they would have commentators on the consolation bracket and not on the semifinals.

Sigh... I just think it's human error.  Would be great to have these feeds at least semi-professionally run.  Good job by the commentators on all mats - I've enjoyed their comments during matches and excitement

6 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

Ruble v Gilbert not happening? 

I have no inside knowledge but Gilbert did have a huge leg brace on at one point mid-season due to an injury.  Maybe he reaggrivated at some point and since he’s no longer in title contention they are decided to just be cautious to avoid further damage to the area.  

Edited by MattM

1 minute ago, base said:

Makes no sense that they would have commentators on the consolation bracket and not on the semifinals.

Sigh... I just think it's human error.  Would be great to have these feeds at least semi-professionally run.  Good job by the commentators on all mats - I've enjoyed their comments during matches and excitement

Right, mat 2 & 3 are semi's though. Mat 2 commentators seem to be covering both mats. And mention big moves on 1 & 4.  

6 minutes ago, MattM said:

I have no inside knowledge but Gilbert did have a huge leg brace on at one point mid-season due to an injury.  Maybe he reaggrivated at some point and since he’s no longer in title contention they are decided to just be cautious to avoid further damage to the area.  

Looks to be the case as he medical forfeited according to the bracket. 

23 minutes ago, MattM said:

Just seen him walk by with a sling on his right arm.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Can someone explain to me the controversy in Koontz vs Watson? A lot of people booing the refs, but all I saw was Watson take it to him. But I did miss the nearfall. 

koontz was locked in the crotch.  Hayden just pressured back to expose back.  I am not sure what hs rules on that.  In college it is 2 and the swipes.

What a day so far for the KV 138 Cole Solomey as he punches his ticket under the lights for the first time in KV history. Did it with a grinder over Bryce Lowery and finished off Hayhurst 8-4. History maker Cole Solomey!

Excited to watch him tonight against the nationally ranked Mendez.

2 minutes ago, Silvertone1696 said:

What a day so far for the KV 138 Cole Solomey as he punches his ticket under the lights for the first time in KV history. Did it with a grinder over Bryce Lowery and finished off Hayhurst 8-4. History maker Cole Solomey!

4th Straight Saturday of these two 

3 minutes ago, Silvertone1696 said:

How many times have the two wrestlers met in sectionals, regionals, semi state, and state finals?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.