State Finals 2022- Notable Matches, Upsets, etc.

navy80

9 minutes ago, MattM said:

Sprague vs Tharpe had a little bit of everything in the match.  

That was a great match, but how did they not give Tharpe the takedown at the end? 

Edit: my bad, I thought they gave Sprague an escape point, but it was the stalling call that tied it up. Tharpe never lost control, so no td.

Edited by J7192
Correction

2 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

Speaking of stalemate position… anyone watch the Cast-Phillips match wanna weigh in on their opinion as to how quick a stalemate was called with Cast trying to get to his butt vs how long they waited/didn’t call one when the situation was reversed and Cast got hit for scissoring the head? (Before things go off the rails as they tend to do here, Phillips was the clear winner of the match and this situation had no real effect on the outcome, just looking for opinions)

I thought the Stalemate was a bit quick and I am Ben’s dad.  I think Ben would have still been able to hold that position, but it was quick for sure.  

The head scissor was definely there, and I think Ben would have been able to convert that one had it not been BUT… I am a little biased.

I could easily see some frustration on the stalemate calls.

Cast is a stud.  I hate to see any Senior go down who has worked their butt off, but wrestling in Indiana is soooo Brutal and that is why we love it.

1 hour ago, GG19 said:

Congratulations to Elijah Anthony of Frankfort. After 3 years of being a qualifier he finally got it done as a senior so happy for him tought match against Brady Ison, but Elijah was determined and never let his foot off the gas!

Epic end to that match.  Anthony really wanted it and earned it!!!💪🏼

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Sprague vs Tharpe had a little bit of everything in the match.  

That match was worth the price of the Ticket alone and all the frustration of getting in the building this morning.  

Tharpe was amazing and went out fighting… you couldn’t help but root for that kid.  What an epic match!

Big ups to Cole Solomey on his 6-0 victory over a tough customer in Cash Turner and for becoming the first three time state placer in the 52 years of Kankakee Valley wrestling. He has a chance to also top his 6th place finish from last year which tied him for the best finish in school history. 

Edited by Silvertone1696

Glad Tuttle pulled out the win. I think the slam call was terrible…Gonzalez was trying to wrestler after he had been returned. Was very impressed with the Delta boys, LeCount has them looking tough. Really enjoyed the Sprague/Tharpe match too…tomorrow is going to be fun!

Vest over Bohn was a good match. Bohn came out strong and got the first takedown. Second period, Vest on bottom  gets the escape, Bohn takedown, Vest escape, Bohn up 4-2. Third period Bohn chooses bottom and gets put on his back. Vest didn't get him pinned, but the 3 put him up 5-4 for the win. 

Edited by CED
Typo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.