State Finals 2022- Notable Matches, Upsets, etc.

navy80

17 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Jones taking injury time...what's the injury?

He’s diabetic. I’m guessing he was dealing with some blood sugar stuff. 

Wrestling with that has to be tough. I’m guessing you may have been questioning his toughness. I wouldn’t question any elite athlete that had to deal with that. If not… sorry for assuming that. Just saying…..

6 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Wrestling with that has to be tough. I’m guessing you may have been questioning his toughness. I wouldn’t question any elite athlete that had to deal with that. If not… sorry for assuming that. Just saying…..

Hook him up with the pb&j.

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Our 160 has that problem and battled it every match and often times during practice.  Definitely not easy to deal with.   

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

GQ …

Question… is Tonte wearing Rattle Snake Skins or American Crocodile ? 

Not sure, but I'm positive he killed whatever it was with his bare hands.

Moving to Johnson County really changed him.

2 hours ago, formercollegekid said:

I dont understand why page stayed on top for so long. Looked like he should have cut him and gone for the takedown(s). Maybe looking for a stall call?

Great match by both wrestlers 

Henry took him down 4 times to 1. Probably thought he was better off turning him. Got in a stalemate position for a good while. Probably was committed to the turn after that. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Edited by Mattyb

54 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Henry took him down 4 times to 1. Probably thought he was better off turning him. Got in a stalemate position for a good while. Probably was committed to the turn after that. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Speaking of stalemate position… anyone watch the Cast-Phillips match wanna weigh in on their opinion as to how quick a stalemate was called with Cast trying to get to his butt vs how long they waited/didn’t call one when the situation was reversed and Cast got hit for scissoring the head? (Before things go off the rails as they tend to do here, Phillips was the clear winner of the match and this situation had no real effect on the outcome, just looking for opinions)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.