Have to buy a flo account to watch state?

FCFIGHTER170

They still have the bundle package through IHSAAtv. May be $15 for state, I know it was $25 for all semi states and state. And I know Flo sucks, but it's going to be nice to have to watch the first session since I can't make it during the day. On Flo, you can have all four mats on one screen. And I think all archived matches go through Flo, so not sure how that will be handled with the IHSAA. 

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

They still have the bundle package through IHSAAtv. May be $15 for state, I know it was $25 for all semi states and state. And I know Flo sucks, but it's going to be nice to have to watch the first session since I can't make it during the day. On Flo, you can have all four mats on one screen. And I think all archived matches go through Flo, so not sure how that will be handled with the IHSAA. 

It will be accessible through Chimpanzee (Champions) Network.  That is, if they care enough to know it got recorded in the first place.

1 minute ago, BestSportEver said:

If I buy the monthly flo subscription can I watch state? Or do I have to buy the yearly one. Thanks

For Flowrestling, you would have to specifically buy the yearly subscription. But what you can do, is buy a subscription for FloMarchingband or something similar that is monthly fee, or way lower annual fee, and you still get access to Flowrestling. 

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

For Flowrestling, you would have to specifically buy the yearly subscription. But what you can do, is buy a subscription for FloMarchingband or something similar that is monthly fee, or way lower annual fee, and you still get access to Flowrestling. 

Probably be easier just to buy it thru ihsaatv? Surely the stream is decent

2 minutes ago, BestSportEver said:

Probably be easier just to buy it thru ihsaatv? Surely the stream is decent

It's the exact same stream, the only difference is how many mats you can watch at once and how the matches are archived. 

I pay the annual fee for FloWrestling - and I think it's worth it.  In addition to being able to have these State matches (and all 4 semistates) available in a nice 4-screen setup, it also gets you more features on Trackwrestling, like being able to get all brackets from any tournament in one single printout/view.

Also, if you are a wrestling fan besides just IHSAA, Flo has some good documentaries they have done in the past that are enjoyable to watch - and also there is a Flo app on my Roku stick that lets me get to their content that way (although the 4-screen split doesn't seem to be an option)

Never thought about the FloMarching option mentioned - may be a way to save some $ and get the content you want

FloBowling is $30/month, but monthly not annual.  That gives you access to all Flo platforms.  Or in the past, you've been able to pay for the annual subscription to FloWrestling and then cancel afterward and they would bill you $29.95.  Not sure if that has changed.

Allow me to make an argument for the annual Flo subscription (and I cannot believe I'm doing this).

With the Flo subscription, you get all of their evens and archives of their past events, plus HS and College content including rankings.  I've probably watched 6-8 events since the fall when I took the plunge.  Plus, from time to time I've gone back and watch old matches, from previous SS and State tournaments, IHPO's  and others.  As one who swore I would never give Flo another penny, but with both Flo and Track content now available, I find it well worth the $$.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

It's the exact same stream, the only difference is how many mats you can watch at once and how the matches are archived. 

Through IHSAATV, I was able to watch all 4 mats at the same time last week at SS. even do other SS mats. If you wanted all 4 on one screen, just right click and select open launch new window for every mat, Then just move them on the screen, they fit nicely last week for me. I didn't do it long, don't care for all 4 mats, too distracting for me. lol  

Flo archiving is better for sure!

1 minute ago, J7192 said:

Anyone having issues with the IHSAAtv feed? I had all 4 mats up on my pc & then got a notification that the broadcaster stopped the stream.

Same for me, well for Mat 1 anyway.  Others hadn't started. I think it doesn't start until 11:00am? 

2 minutes ago, J7192 said:

Anyone having issues with the IHSAAtv feed? I had all 4 mats up on my pc & then got a notification that the broadcaster stopped the stream.

That's likely just temporary as they get set up.  It should be on just before the matches begin.

Just now, J7192 said:

It just seems odd that they already had the live feeds going & then they stopped.

Testing....  have seen it before.  We'll know shortly, but all should be fine.  

Of course, you can probably safely bet that at least one mat won't have audio right off the bat.  And early on, there may be issues and a mat or two may freeze or cut out.  If it does, refresh and it should come back unless it is a system wide problem.  Those issues are common early in tournaments but typically get worked out fairly quickly.  Still frustrating though.

Didn't get an email with links to the state mats this week.  I liked that format and figured out how to do them (wasn't hard). Thought I would share them if anyone is interested. Still have to login obviously and YMMV, caveat emptor and all that:

Mat 1:

BlueFrame Technology - 2022 Wrestling State Finals - Session 1 - First Round Weight Classes 152 - 285 - Mat 1

Mat 2:

BlueFrame Technology - 2022 Wrestling State Finals - Session 1 - First Round Weight Classes 152 - 285 - Mat 2

Mat 3:

BlueFrame Technology - 2022 Wrestling State Finals - Session 1 - First Round Weight Classes 152 - 285 - Mat 3

Mat 4:

BlueFrame Technology - 2022 Wrestling State Finals - Session 1 - First Round Weight Classes 152 - 285 - Mat 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.