Race for State Team Title

DatDudeKP3

The race for 2nd will be close..... 

Cp brings 11.. they have a legitimate shot at having anywhere from 3-5 champs. Plus several placers... thinking they have 8 placers and win the team title 

Bb brings 9.. they are gonna need all 9 to place to have a chance... Ison didn't get a great draw... Garcia (138) best he can do is 3rd... Garcia (145) he's got a 50/50 match.. 152 in a similar (slightly better) spot as 138. Brownsburg will do great and probably have a 2-3 champs if everything goes well. Could also only have 1 if things go poorly.

Emd brings 6.. but they got some great draws (not 220) and have a good shot at placing all 6 which is probably what they are gonna need to bring home another team trophy... that they use as a door stop. Should have 2 champs.. 3rd and 3 guys that will fall somewhere in the 3rd-6th range

Cg  brings 7... but the horrible draws from semi-state keep coming. Only favored in 2 or 3 matches... the Trojans have be fighting all year and they look to have 2 champs and 3 placers. Not sure if this year 5 point scorers is enough this year... even for 2nd (crazy year in Indiana wrestling)

Ic brings 7... they should have 1 champ. . The draw at 113 really hurt. (Come on ihsaa) 120 is a 50/50 match at best .. 138 no matter what happens cant do better than 3rd.. 170 has a fargo All American who would normally be a semi-state 1/2. 220 has a returning SQ to beat... 285 best he can do is 5th... now all that being said cathedral is legendary or Friday "night" for a reason. Just not sure 1 champ and like 3 placers is gonna do it this year

1. Cp

2. Bb or emd

4. Cg

5. Ic

I think it will be close for 1st between CP & BB.

I believe CP has 3 champs to BB's 2, but BB's depth will make it close. Both will have multiple placers.

EMD will be third comfortably but there will be a significant gap between them & the 2 top dogs.

IC will be 4th.

Here's my top 20 teams, with projected team scores, based upon state rankings, past performance, draw/bracket. I moved out of state 4 years ago, so I've not been able to watch anyone in person, so these are non-educated projections--just for fun. 

1. Crown Point: 158

2. Brownsburg: 135

3. Evansville MD: 118

4. Indy Cathedral: 67

5. Columbus East: 53

6. Avon: 52

7. Chesterton: 51 (Great Draws)

8. Castle: 49

9. Floyd Central: 47

10. Center Grove: 44 (Horrible Draws)

11. Perry Meridian: 40

12. Penn: 37

13. New Prairie: 36

14. Adams Central: 33

15. Bellmont: 29

16. LaPorte: 26

17. Roncalli: 22

18. Zionsville: 21

19. Western: 21

20. Warren Central: 16

16 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

Crown Point going undefeated on Friday morning (Except for 285) is huge.  They won all the 50/50 matches.

At Indiana they teach if you win 5 out of 6, that's not labeled undefeated  😉

As you said, CP got 5 guys through and it could have easily been 2.  Goodwin and both Clark's were in serious jeopardy of losing and all pulled through.  My guess is that just locked up the team title right there.  

47 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

It was pretty much decided Friday night

Was it?  it was only 4 point difference.  CP came to wrestle this morning.  If they don't Brownsburg is right there.  It was decided this morning after the quarters

33 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

Was it?  it was only 4 point difference.  CP came to wrestle this morning.  If they don't Brownsburg is right there.  It was decided this morning after the quarters

It was because of the #s the advanced and the reasonable expectations of their wrestlers.  Wins by both Clarks and Goodwin Friday, when all 3 were in positions to lose late, is what kept this from being close.  They may still have won it without all 3 of those guys, but those matches sealed the deal.

If  Haines beats Frazier

Garcia beats Mendez

Henry beats Cruz

Different story it was all but over after those 3 matches on Saturday morning.  Also Clark on Friday was huge agree.  

Yes CP was favored in those matches and they were the favorite coming in but could have been a different story if CP loses 2 or 3 of those.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.