Schools canceling tomorrow already, extra pd?

39 minutes ago, Blane Culp said:

Columbia City was not allowed to practice today. We are notifying the power to be. Please watch for word from IHSAA before taking my word.

Every tournament my son ever wrestled in Columbia City involved snow. Is there a polar vortex that converges there? 

Oh, and, my son thanks you...

14 minutes ago, Short Jay said:

Why no additional 1lb on Saturday?  Rules state that for consecutive days of competition that an additional 1lb is given up to 2lbs.  

You are trying to logic.  As we all know logic is not always going to be used this weekend.  

I’ll just go out in a limb and assume their rational is since there was only one day out of practice then it only affects one day of that competition.  It would need to be multiple days out in order to get the additional pound in day two.  At least that was what I was told by a event director awhile back as the rules interpretation for their two day event.    Not sure I follow the logic entirely, but generally most wresters should be able to stay surging 3lb of their weight class without to much trouble so I didn’t push the issue.  I will say the Friday morning session guys do get a little longer time to get back under than those going at the tail end that night.  

6 minutes ago, MattM said:

You are trying to logic.  As we all know logic is not always going to be used this weekend.  

I’ll just go out in a limb and assume their rational is since there was only one day out of practice then it only affects one day of that competition.  It would need to be multiple days out in order to get the additional pound in day two.  At least that was what I was told by a event director awhile back as the rules interpretation for their two day event.    Not sure I follow the logic entirely, but generally most wresters should be able to stay surging 3lb of their weight class without to much trouble so I didn’t push the issue.  I will say the Friday morning session guys do get a little longer time to get back under than those going at the tail end that night.  

Exactly why I’ve been trying to figure out. My guys is literally going to be one of the last matches going on tomorrow.

1 hour ago, MattM said:

It's a different event on Saturday...just ask ticketmaster 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.