If Crown Point attended Evansville...

2 hours ago, XCard said:

Is this how we sounded too when our Semi-State used to produce a similar depth of the Evansville SS? How about when three of the four Regionals feeding into the Semi-State were producing some pretty solid individuals and some not so favorable draws? Well if we did, when the next wave comes around, which it usually does for each semi-state, well at least three, sorry Ft. Wayne, I am going to be a lot more quiet than previous years.

Agreed!!  As they say, " Act like you've been there before!"

There have been many discussions about class wrestling. The IHSAA would have to decide to grow sport of wrestling for all a schools big or small first. I've coached at a small school for 33 years. Maybe 10 of those years I was able to fill 12-14 weight classes. The gap keeps getting larger for our kids that don't wrestle year around. 

28 minutes ago, CFleshman said:

There have been many discussions about class wrestling. The IHSAA would have to decide to grow sport of wrestling for all a schools big or small first. I've coached at a small school for 33 years. Maybe 10 of those years I was able to fill 12-14 weight classes. The gap keeps getting larger for our kids that don't wrestle year around. 

The times have changed for multi sport athletes. If they don't  concentrate all there effort on one sport all year around they will only be good at all of their sports, but if the do 1 all year their chances of being great drastically improve.  With all the academies and clubs going all year it will be hard to keep up with the single sport dedicated kids.  I'm not saying that travel sports are not good but it is hurting the multi sport athletes and lower income families. Take for instance Lewis from New Prairie. Punches his ticket goes to a small school and gives highly ranked kids a run for their money. But he wrestles all year.

Edited by 450krazy
Needed to add

I agree completely. But up here in the Northeast corner Academies are limited. As was stated earlier a 20 minute drive around the loop of Indy any given night you have a competitive room available. Hopefully we can get the northern kids to get together at the Fort this off season. Ft Wayne is getting better at all ages. 

31 minutes ago, CFleshman said:

I agree completely. But up here in the Northeast corner Academies are limited. As was stated earlier a 20 minute drive around the loop of Indy any given night you have a competitive room available. Hopefully we can get the northern kids to get together at the Fort this off season. Ft Wayne is getting better at all ages. 

For us we have a 30 to 45 min drive to the closest academy. But we make it work.  Is it more on the parents, absolutely. But the leaps and bounds my son has made since he started going to elite athletic club is priceless. The parents need to be as dedicated or more.

28 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

But if you don't let us in on the scoop, then we will never get to find out.

It

Sure we will... if Brody loses.  He'll say "see I told you so, that was my pick!"  It's the easy way to take the field, have 15 wrestlers in your pocket and look smart if it happens.  Yet, he has someone in mind, he's just playing it safe or doesn't want to put pressure on a kid.

Obviously, after last weekend we should be reminded that anything can happen.  But, injury aside, I don't see him losing.  

My son played baseball and we drove 40-45 minutes for practices at Grand Park and we also drove over 1 hour to get to Shirley's complex in Pendleton for baseball training.  Wrestling is NOT on an island when it comes to drive times/distance traveling.  No doubt it is rough on a family and sometimes it is impossible, but it is something that every sport has to endure.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:18 AM, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

If CP attended the Evansville semi-state how many champs would they have? I can count 3 (Frazier, Mendez, Goin) I think

106: 4th

113:DNP

120: DNP

126: 1st

132: 3rd

138: 1st

145: 2nd

152: 1st

160: 4th

170: DNP

182: 2nd

195: DNP 4th at best

220: DNP

HWT: DNP

This would make life real interesting for the red dogs. EMD would outscore them and would bring home the title. Baumann, Sollars, Critchfield, Seng, Schaeffer, May will all be top 4 this weekend and we will at least 2 champs. When did the famous Region get so bad? Hanover Central, Mishawaka, Lake Central, Munster, and Griffith used to have studs that would make this semi state so tough. Crown Point just runs away with it now, Penn is a very distant second...dare I say that EC is equivalent to Fort Wayne.

Edited by Marc Laterzo

2 hours ago, M109R said:

I don't have the scoop , apparently CoachDC does . I myself thinks Baumann wins it. 

I have no idea who Coach DC thinks is going to beat Baumann when a nationally ranked, Michigan recruit has a hard time keeping it under a major.  

9 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

Well, he obviously has somebody in mind that he thinks is going to pull the upset.  He should man up and put his prediction out there for all of us to see.

Be patient my friend 

5 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Like I said, if he doesn't let us know his pick then we'll never know.

Excuse Me Hockey GIF

You see in the state pick ems… I’ll be the one picking against him under the lights. You guys are getting a little worked up about the unknown… relax 

6 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Sure we will... if Brody loses.  He'll say "see I told you so, that was my pick!"  It's the easy way to take the field, have 15 wrestlers in your pocket and look smart if it happens.  Yet, he has someone in mind, he's just playing it safe or doesn't want to put pressure on a kid.

Obviously, after last weekend we should be reminded that anything can happen.  But, injury aside, I don't see him losing.  

I got one guy, not the field lol… and thank you for having understood that there’s no need for me to put any pressure on him. I’m sticking with my guy. 1 guy 

3 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

Well I've gotta a guy that's gonna beat his guy before he even gets to Baumann. Of course, I'm not going to say who it is. Just wait though. You will see. 

You see that’s the spirit! You got your guy, I got my guy, and everyone else is playing safe! Lol

6 hours ago, SWINfan said:

That’s still leaving to much to chance.  I’m going to keep 16 guys in my pocket and I’ll let you know who the best choice is Saturday night after they get a chance to have some head to head and common opponent criteria sorted. 

Just now, rookie78 said:

If I know a guy, who knows a guy that could beat that guy..........do I have a guy?

Of course, we can all have our own pick. Mine just happens to be a guy named…not Baumann. I’ll even record a video tonight with the date to have it as set in stone proof along with my Pick ems. 

Just now, rookie78 said:

If I know a guy, who knows a guy that could beat that guy..........do I have a guy?

Yes, you also have a guy. Not sure if it's my guy, his guy or another guy, but you have a guy. In the end though, I'll take Baumann over the field and give coach 5-1 odds. 

Just now, CoachDC said:

Of course, we can all have our own pick. Mine just happens to be a guy named…not Baumann. I’ll even record a video tonight with the date to have it as set in stone proof along with my Pick ems. 

So 15 different videos? That's going to take some time. Better get started. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.