If Crown Point attended Evansville...

7 hours ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

If CP attended the Evansville semi-state how many champs would they have? I can count 3 (Frazier, Mendez, Goin) I think

106: 4th

113:DNP

120: DNP

126: 1st

132: 3rd

138: 1st

145: 2nd

152: 1st

160: 4th

170: DNP

182: 2nd

195: DNP 4th at best

220: DNP

HWT: DNP

This would make life real interesting for the red dogs. EMD would outscore them and would bring home the title. Baumann, Sollars, Critchfield, Seng, Schaeffer, May will all be top 4 this weekend and we will at least 2 champs. When did the famous Region get so bad? Hanover Central, Mishawaka, Lake Central, Munster, and Griffith used to have studs that would make this semi state so tough. Crown Point just runs away with it now, Penn is a very distant second...dare I say that EC is equivalent to Fort Wayne.

Well, boys...once we move the semi state back to Merrillville HS, you'll see the tide turn: the CP regional will be switched with the Mooresville Regional and then we'll all see who has the real answers when Brownsburg comes to the Region and CP goes to Evansville. 

I predict both teams get a qualifier or two. 

He who laughs last laughs nervously missing the joke and hoping no one notices. 

1 minute ago, Jcjcjc said:

Well, boys...once we move the semi state back to Merrillville HS, you'll see the tide turn: the CP regional will be switched with the Mooresville Regional and then we'll all see who has the real answers when Brownsburg comes to the Region and CP goes to Evansville. 

I predict both teams get a qualifier or two. 

He who laughs last laughs nervously missing the joke and hoping no one notices. 

If you go with my plan, maybe there is a chance to see some good old-fashioned podium brawls.

7 hours ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

If CP attended the Evansville semi-state how many champs would they have? I can count 3 (Frazier, Mendez, Goin) I think

106: 4th

113:DNP

120: DNP

126: 1st

132: 3rd

138: 1st

145: 2nd

152: 1st

160: 4th

170: DNP

182: 2nd

195: DNP 4th at best

220: DNP

HWT: DNP

This would make life real interesting for the red dogs. EMD would outscore them and would bring home the title. Baumann, Sollars, Critchfield, Seng, Schaeffer, May will all be top 4 this weekend and we will at least 2 champs. When did the famous Region get so bad? Hanover Central, Mishawaka, Lake Central, Munster, and Griffith used to have studs that would make this semi state so tough. Crown Point just runs away with it now, Penn is a very distant second...dare I say that EC is equivalent to Fort Wayne.

Everything @brickfor6 said then some.  I would say Hanover Central is on the verge of being a real solid team again in a couple of years. They have struggled in years past due to a turnover in coaching but with a solid new head coach this year, a feeder program on the up and the mass influx of population I see them getting a lot better in years to come.  Lake Central is really the same they have been since 2003.  Right in the middle of the pack in the DAC, an average to above average team every year with 3-5 state caliber guys. What @brickfor6 said about Mishawaka.  Munster has never really had a solid team IMO, at least not for the past 20 years, they usually have 1 or 2 state caliber guys.  Griffith has been down since 2004 and I don’t see it getting better any time soon.  You also have to take into account kids that head to 

Illinois and kids that have transferred to CP from other school systems (2 in starting lineup transferred from LC to CP right before high school).  Also, let’s face it CP’s team is something special and they have and are building something that is hard to compete with, aside from their town being a very desirable place to live.  They will be at the top for years to come.

5 hours ago, Coach77 said:

OK I'll bite on this topic.  So, you want to put CP in the Evansville SS with EMD, BB and CG.  You say that the way that you have it playing out is that EMD would score more points than CP and win the SS title.  I think we would both agree that both teams are wrestling at a very high level and would be very interesting to see, but where I am missing things is where is BB in your equation?  EMD finished second in the SS to BB by 59 points and let's be real if Logan Miller doesn't get caught in a headlock then that margin would have been a lot bigger.  Don't get me wrong that EC SS is down this year, but to say that EMD would leapfrog BB and then if CP were there beat them too is a bit of stretch.  Also, I do recall some chatter during the EMD run of championships that they had a bit of an easier road (not saying it was easy but compared to Merrillville at the time it would be very similar to what you are saying now) to state and we still consider the 03 team in conversation as best ever.  In the long run it would have been interesting to see, but if that SS did have CP in it, it is highly likely all of those teams could have beaten each other down we would be discussing some other team and their easy road to state.

While being a huge EMD fan and having some bias to them I think we can’t predict how anyone would finish putting all those teams together in the same semi state I think that with draws either 

A some would knock each other out before placement and wouldn’t move onto state

B some of the other schools with a couple of good guys would knock off other guys from CP,EMD,BB,CG guys before placement 

C it’s the Evansville semi state and anything can happen on any given day so while BB beat EMD by 59 points I think you add them all together and we have scores that no one can even predict 

7 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

The whole premise of your original post was to excite the CP/EC faithful and illicit a response so you could "debate" the legitimacy of the ECSS.  I don't mind people having opinions, although I do wish several people on here would express them a lot less often... I digress.  Most minds on this forum believes CP is the best dual team and tournament team in the state of Indiana this year.  No doubt Brownsburg is right there with them, and CG & Irish are a step behind.  

no debate--illegitimate.

1 hour ago, hook and half said:

This is fun! reminds me of the good ole days when the board was not populated by sophisticates.

We need more insane ramblings from the likes of Caliboy, BlueBolt and Wrestleman.

Wonder where ole Caliboy is now or what new alias he's using. Sometimes I miss his ramblings

9 hours ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

Goodwin is very good. Could he win it? Absolutely. I am taking Law and Conway for sure over him and maybe even Boe. Jendreas will have Schaefer Saturday morning. Think it will be a very close match, very excited to see how it plays out. Again, these are just my opinions, not looking to get attacked just my two cents.

#BringBackTheTights

As always #BringBackTheTights

I attended a small school and had to travel 1-2 hours one way for off season work. I know there are people who do it and families that support it, but not all do. When you can drive 30 minutes around the loop in Indy to find a place to workout, you get more kids there. I love the small school story beating up on big schools, but it’s easy to see the smaller schools from Ft. Wayne have a hard time competing with the big schools. 

29 minutes ago, CFleshman said:

We don't want to talkabout school size. Everyone has the same opportunities to be a elite wrestler. Just look at the number of kids that advanced from small schools.

Stop. You’re saying that Rochester seriously has the same opportunities as Crown Point and Brownsburg. Most of those small kids came out of Fort Wayne wrestling other small schools. 

11 hours ago, blueandgold said:

I’m going to be honest, this is such a hater and bait post. I assure you Coach Schaefer and co. aren’t worrying about their Semi-State location and their chances of winning a state championship with six wrestlers. Teams have won with less. Yes, Crown Point has benefit from a Semi-State with less depth this year, but let’s not act like the EC/MVSS wasn’t the toughest for years, and it’s lame for you to try to downplay their success over the weekend because you’re upset they’re the favorites over your beloved Wildcats, and that isn’t a slight to the EMD wrestlers and coaches. Eleven to state is insane no matter which location you’re in. If EC is the FWSS, why don’t good FW teams regularly get eleven out? And I say this as no disrespect to the teams in the FWSS. Do better.

I'm not sure what a "hater" post means, but I personally think that word is WAY overused.  There was no hate in his post at all.  The guy is simply rooting for his team and has a very biased way of looking at things.  Lots of fans do.  

The crime here is how much time and attention people are giving him.  

15 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

I see CP with state champ locks:  Mendez and Frazier

I see BB with 0 state champ locks:  Hockaday and Jones are the favorites but I don't consider them locks

I see MD with 2 state champ locks:  Baumann and Sollars

The depth of CP will win the tournament for them.  Saturday morning will go a long way to determining the top 3.  Schaefer vs Jendreas will be huge.  Hunter May has a brutal draw to reach the semis.  Seng vs Jackson saturday morning as well.  Really was hoping Critchfield would be opposite of Carroll, but didn't happen.  Just quickly scanning the brackets, it doesn't look like BB has too many cakewalks either.

Baumann isn’t a lock! Wait n See

Is this how we sounded too when our Semi-State used to produce a similar depth of the Evansville SS? How about when three of the four Regionals feeding into the Semi-State were producing some pretty solid individuals and some not so favorable draws? Well if we did, when the next wave comes around, which it usually does for each semi-state, well at least three, sorry Ft. Wayne, I am going to be a lot more quiet than previous years.

15 hours ago, ccv1937 said:

While being a huge EMD fan and having some bias to them I think we can’t predict how anyone would finish putting all those teams together in the same semi state I think that with draws either 

A some would knock each other out before placement and wouldn’t move onto state

B some of the other schools with a couple of good guys would knock off other guys from CP,EMD,BB,CG guys before placement 

C it’s the Evansville semi state and anything can happen on any given day so while BB beat EMD by 59 points I think you add them all together and we have scores that no one can even predict 

Totally agree with you there.  My intent with my post was the original poster said EMD would win SS if CP was in that area based on there calculations. They totally left out teams like BB and CG that would also have a say in the final results.  That would have been a total barn burner of a SS if that were the case.

3 hours ago, CFleshman said:

Yes Rochester wrestles small schools. They are at the top of the 1a class in size also. People are afraid to talk about the size of schools and a 2 or 3 class individual tournament. This year shows more than ever the need for it. 

Is there or has there ever been serious talk about having class wrestling for individual tournament?   Based on what I have learned on this site about how IHSAA treats wrestling I don’t see them doing it.   They don’t have class track and field, golf, tennis, etc so that seems to set the precedent. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.