If Crown Point attended Evansville...

If CP attended the Evansville semi-state how many champs would they have? I can count 3 (Frazier, Mendez, Goin) I think

106: 4th

113:DNP

120: DNP

126: 1st

132: 3rd

138: 1st

145: 2nd

152: 1st

160: 4th

170: DNP

182: 2nd

195: DNP 4th at best

220: DNP

HWT: DNP

This would make life real interesting for the red dogs. EMD would outscore them and would bring home the title. Baumann, Sollars, Critchfield, Seng, Schaeffer, May will all be top 4 this weekend and we will at least 2 champs. When did the famous Region get so bad? Hanover Central, Mishawaka, Lake Central, Munster, and Griffith used to have studs that would make this semi state so tough. Crown Point just runs away with it now, Penn is a very distant second...dare I say that EC is equivalent to Fort Wayne.

1 hour ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

If CP attended the Evansville semi-state how many champs would they have? I can count 3 (Frazier, Mendez, Goin) I think

This would make life real interesting for the red dogs. EMD would outscore them and would bring home the title. Baumann, Sollars, Critchfield, Seng, Schaeffer, May will all be top 4 this weekend and we will at least 2 champs. When did the famous Region get so bad? Hanover Central, Mishawaka, Lake Central, Munster, and Griffith used to have studs that would make this semi state so tough. Crown Point just runs away with it now, Penn is a very distant second...dare I say that EC is equivalent to Fort Wayne.

Is this going to turn into a parochial recruitment thread?  I've seen one or two of those in my day!

20 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

Jendreas 4th? Idk about that. Man might win it all this year.

Also Cody Goodwin is going to win state this year. You saw it here first.

The famous Region is about to crown at least half of the champs come this weekend, just wait.

I'm picking Jendreas as well . And Goodwin will place very high possibly winning it. 

29 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

Jendreas 4th? Idk about that. Man might win it all this year.

Also Cody Goodwin is going to win state this year. You saw it here first.

The famous Region is about to crown at least half of the champs come this weekend, just wait.

Goodwin is very good. Could he win it? Absolutely. I am taking Law and Conway for sure over him and maybe even Boe. Jendreas will have Schaefer Saturday morning. Think it will be a very close match, very excited to see how it plays out. Again, these are just my opinions, not looking to get attacked just my two cents.

#BringBackTheTights

3 minutes ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

Goodwin is very good. Could he win it? Absolutely. I am taking Law and Conway for sure over him and maybe even Boe. Jendreas will have Schaefer Saturday morning. Think it will be a very close match, very excited to see how it plays out. Again, these are just my opinions, not looking to get attacked just my two cents.

#BringBackTheTights

The whole premise of your original post was to excite the CP/EC faithful and illicit a response so you could "debate" the legitimacy of the ECSS.  I don't mind people having opinions, although I do wish several people on here would express them a lot less often... I digress.  Most minds on this forum believes CP is the best dual team and tournament team in the state of Indiana this year.  No doubt Brownsburg is right there with them, and CG & Irish are a step behind.  

I see CP with state champ locks:  Mendez and Frazier

I see BB with 0 state champ locks:  Hockaday and Jones are the favorites but I don't consider them locks

I see MD with 2 state champ locks:  Baumann and Sollars

The depth of CP will win the tournament for them.  Saturday morning will go a long way to determining the top 3.  Schaefer vs Jendreas will be huge.  Hunter May has a brutal draw to reach the semis.  Seng vs Jackson saturday morning as well.  Really was hoping Critchfield would be opposite of Carroll, but didn't happen.  Just quickly scanning the brackets, it doesn't look like BB has too many cakewalks either.

1 minute ago, ReformedPoster said:

I see CP with state champ locks:  Mendez and Frazier

I see BB with 0 state champ locks:  Hockaday and Jones are the favorites but I don't consider them locks

I see MD with 2 state champ locks:  Baumann and Sollars

The depth of CP will win the tournament for them.  Saturday morning will go a long way to determining the top 3.  Schaefer vs Jendreas will be huge.  Hunter May has a brutal draw to reach the semis.  Seng vs Jackson saturday morning as well.  Really was hoping Critchfield would be opposite of Carroll, but didn't happen.  Just quickly scanning the brackets, it doesn't look like BB has too many cakewalks either.

I think Doster vs Seng will be a huge battle and wouldn’t automatically move one onto Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

The whole premise of your original post was to excite the CP/EC faithful and illicit a response so you could "debate" the legitimacy of the ECSS.  I don't mind people having opinions, although I do wish several people on here would express them a lot less often... I digress.  Most minds on this forum believes CP is the best dual team and tournament team in the state of Indiana this year.  No doubt Brownsburg is right there with them, and CG & Irish are a step behind.  

If you want to debate the semi states lets do it. CP is the best dual team they have already showed that. The point of the post was to put CP in Evansville, and see how many champs they would have. EMD has two locks this weekend and will have close to 50 points between them, Seng, Schaefer, Critchfield, May will determine if we have the strength to win it all. I think we will be right in the mix and I am very excited to see some Wildcats pull off the upset.

#BringBackTheTights

OK I'll bite on this topic.  So, you want to put CP in the Evansville SS with EMD, BB and CG.  You say that the way that you have it playing out is that EMD would score more points than CP and win the SS title.  I think we would both agree that both teams are wrestling at a very high level and would be very interesting to see, but where I am missing things is where is BB in your equation?  EMD finished second in the SS to BB by 59 points and let's be real if Logan Miller doesn't get caught in a headlock then that margin would have been a lot bigger.  Don't get me wrong that EC SS is down this year, but to say that EMD would leapfrog BB and then if CP were there beat them too is a bit of stretch.  Also, I do recall some chatter during the EMD run of championships that they had a bit of an easier road (not saying it was easy but compared to Merrillville at the time it would be very similar to what you are saying now) to state and we still consider the 03 team in conversation as best ever.  In the long run it would have been interesting to see, but if that SS did have CP in it, it is highly likely all of those teams could have beaten each other down we would be discussing some other team and their easy road to state.

40 minutes ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

Seng, Schaefer, Critchfield, May will determine if we have the strength to win it all.

Seng, Critchfield & May all got tough draws.

Not saying they can't get it done. But Seng drawing Ashton Jackson in the quarters is a rough of a draw as he could have gotten. Critchfield drawing into the same half bracket with Carrol is as rough a draw as he could have gotten. And May with Currie 1st round & Gilthero round 2 if he gets by Currie - not easy.

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

There is no doubt Crown Point benefited from having Center Grove, Brownsburg, and Mater Dei battle it out at the same semi state. But no fault of their own! They will win the IHSAA state with ease... 

has Brownburg always been in the Ev Ss? 

2 minutes ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

No. Used to go to new castle. Realigned around 03 or so from what I read on another post. 

I believe this is incorrect. I believe they have been there ever since it was moved to E'ville in the 90's.

1 hour ago, Indysportsfan said:

One of the best posts I've seen.  Stating facts without all the "Homer" feelings.

3 hours ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

I’m going to be honest, this is such a hater and bait post. I assure you Coach Schaefer and co. aren’t worrying about their Semi-State location and their chances of winning a state championship with six wrestlers. Teams have won with less. Yes, Crown Point has benefit from a Semi-State with less depth this year, but let’s not act like the EC/MVSS wasn’t the toughest for years, and it’s lame for you to try to downplay their success over the weekend because you’re upset they’re the favorites over your beloved Wildcats, and that isn’t a slight to the EMD wrestlers and coaches. Eleven to state is insane no matter which location you’re in. If EC is the FWSS, why don’t good FW teams regularly get eleven out? And I say this as no disrespect to the teams in the FWSS. Do better.

1 hour ago, blueandgold said:

I’m going to be honest, this is such a hater and bait post. I assure you Coach Schaefer and co. aren’t worrying about their Semi-State location and their chances of winning a state championship with six wrestlers. Teams have won with less. Yes, Crown Point has benefit from a Semi-State with less depth this year, but let’s not act like the EC/MVSS wasn’t the toughest for years, and it’s lame for you to try to downplay their success over the weekend because you’re upset they’re the favorites over your beloved Wildcats, and that isn’t a slight to the EMD wrestlers and coaches. Eleven to state is insane no matter which location you’re in. If EC is the FWSS, why don’t good FW teams regularly get eleven out? And I say this as no disrespect to the teams in the FWSS. Do better.

When you say “do better” FWSS ? Has me thinking . 

Been around this sport long enough to know it takes time to develop Quality wrestlers and even longer for teams to be a Quality Team. Giving that the other 2-3 SS are benefiting from multiple wrestling Academies in their areas.

Your opinion when will FWSS “do better” ?

I’ll just throw out a year or years.  I’m going to put FWSS at about 10-15 years . Yes , I’ll say 2035 Ft. Wayne SS will have a legit team(s) and good group of competition coming out of FWSS. Giving the fact Andy’s Academy stays open for that area schools to benefit . Takes time, gotta have kids dedicated to the sport. In that 10-15 years the other SS keep reloading beating up on each other year after year . Two SS will stay the same New Castle & Evansville for the long future . Maybe a realignment may take place in that time . Separating schools . Not sure on Region area, you got Illinois & Michigan stealing good wrestlers from that area to Mt. Carmel & Michigan (Davison) I’ll throw that school out there because I thought about 4 years ago that #1 Barr kid was projected to go CP as well . Up & down like a roller coaster for some schools in that area . Some years they good, this year CP team is a juggernaut, others years their not . Just telling you how I see it . Posters, Trolls, Haters . 

Prove me Wrong FWSS . Kinda hope you do for us wrestling fans . We need more great wrestlers. 

Just my 0.000002 crypto Indiana Mat bananas cents 

50 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

When you say “do better” FWSS ? Has me thinking . 

Been around this sport long enough to know it takes time to develop Quality wrestlers and even longer for teams to be a Quality Team. Giving that the other 2-3 SS are benefiting from multiple wrestling Academies in their areas.

Your opinion when will FWSS “do better” ?

I’ll just throw out a year or years.  I’m going to put FWSS at about 10-15 years . Yes , I’ll say 2035 Ft. Wayne SS will have a legit team(s) and good group of competition coming out of FWSS. Giving the fact Andy’s Academy stays open for that area schools to benefit . Takes time, gotta have kids dedicated to the sport. In that 10-15 years the other SS keep reloading beating up on each other year after year . Two SS will stay the same New Castle & Evansville for the long future . Maybe a realignment may take place in that time . Separating schools . Not sure on Region area, you got Illinois & Michigan stealing good wrestlers from that area to Mt. Carmel & Michigan (Davison) I’ll throw that school out there because I thought about 4 years ago that #1 Barr kid was projected to go CP as well . Up & down like a roller coaster for some schools in that area . Some years they good, this year CP team is a juggernaut, others years their not . Just telling you how I see it . Posters, Trolls, Haters . 

Prove me Wrong FWSS . Kinda hope you do for us wrestling fans . We need more great wrestlers. 

Just my 0.000002 crypto Indiana Mat bananas cents 

I was telling @Joe Exotics Wildcats to do better than trying to troll post, but I see what you’re getting at.

7 hours ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

Seeing as how Rochester won the FWSS, with 4 qualifiers....I do not think the FWSS is comparable to ECSS. No offense, There were I think 4 or 5 schools at ECSS with 4+ qualifiers.

Okay EVSS has had a great year, but....

#1 I think you are wrong about a lot of your predictions....Ill get to this in a sec.

#2 you do not know what "Da Region" is if you are including Mishawaka in that sentence.

#3....EVSS has the #2, #3, #5 4a schools...#1, #5, #6, #7 3A schools...It is very obvious your semi state had a great year.ECSS has the #1, #6 4a schools...#9, #10 3a schools. EVSS was much deeper this year. (VERY OBVIOUS)

CP should be way ahead of the #6 4a school...

Not to mention that Mount Carmel has multiple "219" kids wrestling for them...This also would make the ECSS tougher.

Add in.. Lemley, Acuna, Doan, Mendoza, Resendez, Drousias, (Probably missing a few)

Now on to the CP talk...

106-Jendreas is better than you think

113-Kaptur was seconds away from state, just lost to the #1 kid at regionals 4-0...He places at your SS and got a bad draw at our semi state.
120-Cruz, another bad draw at our SS. Bohn has 1 loss on the season and it came this week

160-Goodwin is the real deal, and is better than you think...

195- Takes 4th maybe 3rd

220- Has a win over a kid that techd RDIII

Edited by brickfor6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.