State Pairings

blueandgold

Nathan Critchfield and Christian Carroll on the same side at 220 - sucks

For the 2nd year in a row the winner at Evansville SS between Cheaney Schoeff - Brady Ison gets the reward of landing on the same side of the bracket as Zeke Seltzer.  Schoeff finished 2nd at State last year after losing to Ison at SS.  This year the result was reversed.  Ison, finishing 2nd avoids Seltzer, but draws Elijah Anthony in Round 1 on Friday night.  Unlucky draw for both.

Edited by SWINfan

1 hour ago, QuinnHarris said:

The semi finals are crazy.

Cheaney v Seltzer

Koontz v Watson

Critchfield v Carroll

Whiteneck v Jones

These are just off the top of my couple off the top of my head

Couple others I noticed too, if they happen.  BARNER BURNERS :

Hockaday vs. Smith, Jendreas vs. Rious at 106

Jackson vs  Dickey, Heaston vs Haines at 113

Leavell/Gilbert vs Ruble at 120

Sprague vs. Vargo at 126 (Saturday morning)

Wolf vs Frazier at 126

Lowery vs Hayhurst at 138

Koontz vs Watson at 145 (Saturday morning)

Veazy vs. Buchanan at 182

Edited by rookie78

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

Is it just me, or are all of the best matchups happening in the semis vs finals?

I would agree but I do not think many weight classes have a clear top 2.  The only weight I wanted them separated was Critchfield and Carroll at 220 (which we didn’t get).  Every other weight I do not see a clear #2 wrestler.

I’m not even sure if Critchfield is the clear #2 at 220 but we’ve already seen Grange and Carroll.

5 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Down 8-4 when he was pinned. 2 of 4 points scored by Veazy were penalty points. I think the youngster is going to be special, but it wasn't that close. 

Maybe I don't remember all of the match correctly, but I was pretty sure 2 of the points scored by Buchanan were penalty points against Veazy for his laces...the match was within 1 point heading to the 3rd if my memory isn't too far off

Just now, nkraus said:

Maybe I don't remember all of the match correctly, but I was pretty sure 2 of the points scored by Buchanan were penalty points against Veazy for his laces...the match was within 1 point heading to the 3rd if my memory isn't too far off

Yes, laces came untied on 2 occasions I believe, plus the ankle injury to Veazy. This potential rematch should be lit.

11 minutes ago, nkraus said:

Looks to me, if Buchanan doesn't choose bottom, he's pretty much in control.  No video available on TW/Flo, but this at least answers some of the questions.

Veazy.jpg

Edited by SWINfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.