State Bracket - 1 Wish

purdue02

If you could have 1 wish, to use on how the state bracket is setup, what would you use it on?

For instance the Red-Lee year, my 1 wish would be to separate them so they meet in the finals.

Or last year I would’ve used it to make sure Alstott (2) and Alexander (3) were separated so they don’t meet Friday night and both could medal.

How would you use your 1 bracket wish?

I think Red and Lee were in the finals. The best way for these Friday night death draws to stop happening is for people to stop injury defaulting at semistate BUT it's the way it goes, sometimes those guys need to default, just the way it works sometimes. I hear you though.

Edited by Ahawkeye

Lee v Red were in the finals. Thank you wrestling gods! 

My wish would be either Sollars v Purdy, just based on the fact that they wrestled each other in the finals in Conference, Regionals, & Semi State, or Critchfield v Carroll. The 220’s are two very different breeds of wrestlers. It would be a sight to see Critchfield’s tall, lanky frame defend the frieght train offense of Christian Carroll. 

12 hours ago, Cricket21 said:

Lee v Red were in the finals. Thank you wrestling gods! 

My wish would be either Sollars v Purdy, just based on the fact that they wrestled each other in the finals in Conference, Regionals, & Semi State

The state brackets are still set up to separate wrestlers from the same semi-state based on placement.  So if the entire semi-state advanced 1st in semi-state wouldn’t see 4th until the semis and wouldn’t run into 2nd until the finals.   The issue is the random draw of what other semi-state do they run into along the way which may hamper that advancement from happening.   So you have a chance at this one as long as they both wrestle well.  

7 minutes ago, MattM said:

The state brackets are still set up to separate wrestlers from the same semi-state based on placement.  So if the entire semi-state advanced 1st in semi-state wouldn’t see 4th until the semis and wouldn’t run into 2nd until the finals.   The issue is the random draw of what other semi-state do they run into along the way which may hamper that advancement from happening.   So you have a chance at this one as long as they both wrestle well.  

That’s what I’m hoping does not happen

3 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

I wish that Jared Dunn headlocks his way to a place on the podium.

It could happen the Evansville area just needs to keep his secret weapon under wraps until after state.  Crap, dumb message board.  Good news is a quality headlocker knows how to set it up and when to pull the trigger, so he could get a shot the longer he makes it in the match.  I know a few state placers who will honestly admit having that headlock in their bag of tricks is what got them another step higher on the podium.  

My one wish for the state finals is not bracket related. It would be to have the walk of champions with the entire group of qualifiers. I overheard one of my wrestlers talking to a teammate saying we have been teammates since 1st grade and I wish we could walk together. One is first session and one is second. 

3 hours ago, MattM said:

It could happen the Evansville area just needs to keep his secret weapon under wraps until after state.  Crap, dumb message board.  Good news is a quality headlocker knows how to set it up and when to pull the trigger, so he could get a shot the longer he makes it in the match.  I know a few state placers who will honestly admit having that headlock in their bag of tricks is what got them another step higher on the podium.  

Last person if I remember to pull that trigger at State , 2018 David Pierson thinking he was a 4 seed . Might of been his freshman year . BOOM ! Shock’em all 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Year

2 hours ago, jetwrestling said:

My one wish for the state finals is not bracket related. It would be to have the walk of champions with the entire group of qualifiers. I overheard one of my wrestlers talking to a teammate saying we have been teammates since 1st grade and I wish we could walk together. One is first session and one is second. 

Agreed the split is dumb we did 4 semi states with 16 kids a bracket no problem yesterday why should Friday night be split up!

3 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Last person if I remember to pull that trigger at State , David Pierson thinking he was a 4 seed . Might of been his freshman year . BOOM ! Shock’em all 

I think DP was a 3 seed, but you might be right. Hit a nasty headlock on Simone of HSE in ticket round when he was down 4-5 points and hit another nasty one on Friday night against Cole Ross of MD on his way to a 4th place finish.

Bracket wise would be the highest ranked 1 gets the lowest ranked 4 regardless of semi state & based on an agreed upon ranking system. Keep the formula (in essence of ranking 1 to 16 per weight class with Semi state champs 1-4, SS runner ups 5-8, SS 3rd placers 9-12, & SS 4th placers 13-16).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.