Semi State Noteable Matches, Tickets, Matches , Upsets

TeamGarcia

No one has commented regarding Preston Haines' switch with about 10 seconds left for the win vs. Evan Seng. That was wild! 

The Schoeff/Brady Ison saga continued again in an Avon Sectional/Mooresville Regional/EvSS title match contest. Gonna be interesting to see who ends up with Zeke on their side of bracket...

2 hours ago, indypharmd said:

No one has commented regarding Preston Haines' switch with about 10 seconds left for the win vs. Evan Seng. That was wild! 

The Schoeff/Brady Ison saga continued again in an Avon Sectional/Mooresville Regional/EvSS title match contest. Gonna be interesting to see who ends up with Zeke on their side of bracket...

That was nasty switch ! 

Schoeff vs. Ison,

**wish they open up more and score 10 points on each other ! Still haven’t seen the full potential in both wrestlers . My opinion open up and stop worrying who wins these Sectionals, Regionals, Semi. Both are to good not to . If in the future they meet up again . Just let it fly ! ** sorry my inner fan talking . 

Both are amazing to watch. Glad I seen them all going at each other . 

Now we wait for the most famous equalizer of them all in Indiana HS Wrestling .
THE BLIND DRAW . 

As a fan of them both, they’re going to need it all and open up and then some vs. 2x Champ Seltzer . I think both will face him at some point next weekend . 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell checks

9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I'll add, I was impressed with the group of wrestlers from Cascade.  They may not have won as many matches as they wanted, but I thought they competed and looked good.  

Logan Bickell fought tough against Jackson Heaston.
Michael Hutchinson and Liam Farmer won their first round match and battled tough in ticket round losses.  
Dominic McNeeley's day may not have finished like he wanted, but he's a State Qualifier and ran into the buzzsaw that was Jared Dunn in the semis.  

I see bright days ahead.

We appreciate the support! All of those boys will be back in the room Monday working to make sure those losses are corrected next year! McFeeley will be training hard to make himself a state placer. 

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

That was nasty switch ! 

Schoeff vs. Ison,

**wish they open up more and score 10 points on each other ! Still haven’t seen the full potential in both wrestlers . My opinion open up and stop worrying who wins these Sectionals, Regionals, Semi. Both are to good not to . If in the future they meet up again . Just let it fly ! ** sorry my inner fan talking . 

Both are amazing to watch. Glad I seen them all going at each other . 

Now we wait for the most famous equalizer of them all in Indiana HS Wrestling .
THE BLIND DRAW . 

As a fan of them both, they’re going to need it all and open up and then some vs. 2x Champ Seltzer . I think both will face him at some point next weekend . 

That has to be the most boring big rivalry that I’ve ever seen. Has either of them scored more than 4-5 points against the other? They’re both studs, wish they would let it rip. But then, this is all from a selfish fan aspect. For those guys and programs, just win baby. 

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

That has to be the most boring big rivalry that I’ve ever seen. Has either of them scored more than 4-5 points against the other? They’re both studs, wish they would let it rip. But then, this is all from a selfish fan aspect. For those guys and programs, just win baby. 

Looking back maybe 5-6 points and prolly ended up 6-5 . Possibly few of them points on stalls calls . Idk, have to look it up. I agree my inner fan just wants them to score points . Lol. These 2-3, 2-1 matches are giving their parents mini heart attacks I bet . I know …. Been there done that, seen it and prolly had one 😂

Ayden Bollinger up 7-0 in the second period and pins Ocampo in the semis

Neal Mosier hits a standing Peterson with 12 seconds left in the match against undefeated Holloway to get two reversal and two near fall to win the match 10-8 and punch his ticket to state! 

Braxton Russell is a sophomore and unranked, who missed half the season due to a stress fracture in his lower back, and gets 4th with a 4-0 loss to Buchanan and a 5-2 loss to Johnson (both ranked Top 10).

11 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I'll add, I was impressed with the group of wrestlers from Cascade.  They may not have won as many matches as they wanted, but I thought they competed and looked good.  

Logan Bickell fought tough against Jackson Heaston.
Michael Hutchinson and Liam Farmer won their first round match and battled tough in ticket round losses.  
Dominic McNeeley's day may not have finished like he wanted, but he's a State Qualifier and ran into the buzzsaw that was Jared Dunn in the semis.  

I see bright days ahead.

Give ole Mike another 15 seconds and he punches his ticket in a stacked 160 lb bracket, but you dont get extra time in this sport. Let it sting and get back to work towards next year!

#CadetsOnTheClimb 

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

Tough to score on each other when you've wrestled each other so many times! How many times have these guys wrestles in the last 2 years id imagine 10x now with a dual, conference, sectionals, regionals, and semi state. The defense these guys display is pretty crazy both guys are incredibly hard to score on in all positions. Will one of them find the recipe to knock off Seltzer??? I am so excited to see all of the fun matches that will go down this weekend! 

20 hours ago, SWINfan said:

One of my pet peeves has always been shortening the 1st Period of consolation matches in a big tournament.  But it really makes no sense to me to do so when there are no wrestle backs and no consolation bracket.  Why should 3rd/4th Place mean less?  It's not like they have a whole extra round and have to save time.

I agree.  There is a whole lot on the line in those consolation matches.  To reduce it by one minute, especially when the 3rd/4th and 1st/2nd matches are being wrestled at the same time makes no sense.  

On 2/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, X_R A T E D said:

I was right in front of the the mat actually, I don't need video. Very clear that it is potentially dangerous. My guy didn't wrestle his best but this situation is avoided if a referee calls potentially dangerous early. I can live with the result of a loss, but it sucks to end a seniors season with a DQ when it could have been prevented if the correct call is made

So your kid was making up five points in 30 seconds when he hadn’t scored a takedown yet? I’m confused 

1 hour ago, Jbrickey said:

So your kid was making up five points in 30 seconds when he hadn’t scored a takedown yet? I’m confused 

Did you see what Jared Dunn did yesterday? AJ has a headlock like too. A lot can happen in 30 seconds. Good chance he still loses, but he was still robbed of the opportunity. And amazing how he was too hurt to continue, but not so hurt to blow big kisses and have big high fives with the same injured arm. Congrats to your kid on DQing his way to state, hopes he’s healthy enough to wrestle Friday morning. 

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Did you see what Jared Dunn did yesterday? AJ has a headlock like too. A lot can happen in 30 seconds. Good chance he still loses, but he was still robbed of the opportunity. And amazing how he was too hurt to continue, but not so hurt to blow big kisses and have big high fives with the same injured arm. Congrats to your kid on DQing his way to state, hopes he’s healthy enough to wrestle Friday morning. 

Thanks. We appreciate it.

Man the 

113: Trevor Schammert/Kaptur match ticket rd was awesome

120: Demarco vs Jayden Lewis back and forth match match gets tied up late. Demarco with the takedown in Ot 

138: Clement vs vitello 

crazy match Vitello gets hit for a locked hands as time ran out to tie it then Clement gets the OT take down 

145: Gunnar Krause vs Adrian Pellot 

Krause went up big but the freshman fought off his back,  stormed back but Krause sealed the win with a late TD 

***Krause from Knox had a great weekend came out as a 4 seed and wrestled hard all day. Went hard at Torres and was in a lot of crazy scrambles 

152: Bisping vs mabie ticket rd was great. A stall call as time expired to send it to OT bisping with the W. Bisping bs Costello semis was really good too

12 hours ago, Cody LeCount said:

Ayden Bollinger up 7-0 in the second period and pins Ocampo in the semis

Neal Mosier hits a standing Peterson with 12 seconds left in the match against undefeated Holloway to get two reversal and two near fall to win the match 10-8 and punch his ticket to state! 

Braxton Russell is a sophomore and unranked, who missed half the season due to a stress fracture in his lower back, and gets 4th with a 4-0 loss to Buchanan and a 5-2 loss to Johnson (both ranked Top 10).

Shoutout to Delta and all three of the wrestlers you mentioned. Bollinger looked incredible against Julianna, Mosier and Holloway was one of the most exciting matches of the day, and Braxton Russell was my second biggest rankings miss this year(sorry Armen Koltookian as well), and I had a feeling the day of sectionals that he was going to make me pay for that one.

Delta has something special going on right now, I’m looking forward to seeing the program keep growing.

12 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

Shoutout to Delta and all three of the wrestlers you mentioned. Bollinger looked incredible against Julianna, Mosier and Holloway was one of the most exciting matches of the day, and Braxton Russell was my second biggest rankings miss this year(sorry Armen Koltookian as well), and I had a feeling the day of sectionals that he was going to make me pay for that one.

Delta has something special going on right now, I’m looking forward to seeing the program keep growing.

Their youth club is loaded with hammers and going to ensure Delta is going to be a force for years to come.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.