Semi State Noteable Matches, Tickets, Matches , Upsets

TeamGarcia

28 minutes ago, maligned said:

CP also gets 9 to the finals. Next week is setting up to be a serious show between these two.

Emd with 6

Center Grove with 7

Brownsburg wrestling very well today. All 9 of their state qualifiers are in the finals. 

Also been impressed with Center Grove getting 7 out and trying to navigate some seriously bad draws. 3 of their kids had the state number 1 ranked guy. Throw in a terrrrrible 120 draw and well its been a solid day

Mooresville regional with 3 of the top 5 teams (point totals) 

Huge shout out to feeler at 106 for being his schools 1st and 2nd state qualifier. Hope he finds a top 8 finish.

Emd 220 is fun to watch, and what a great back story.

Little schaefer looks to be on the same path as his dad. Wouldn't be shocked if he makes it under the lights next week.

120 Princeton..... way to believe in yourself 

One of my pet peeves has always been shortening the 1st Period of consolation matches in a big tournament.  But it really makes no sense to me to do so when there are no wrestle backs and no consolation bracket.  Why should 3rd/4th Place mean less?  It's not like they have a whole extra round and have to save time.

Im offering my announcing and DJ services free to Evansville Semi-State.

I’ll throw in running track and keeping the flow for pork nachos, a chicken strip basket, dippin dots and unlimited soda!!

Somebody from Evansville HMU - dubentz@gmail.com

#TripleBWouldRunThis100%Better 

*EDIT* had no idea Mrs Hagen was retiring and was not referencing her job, she does an excellent job! 

Edited by TripleB

3 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

One of my pet peeves has always been shortening the 1st Period of consolation matches in a big tournament.  But it really makes no sense to me to do so when there are no wrestle backs and no consolation bracket.  Why should 3rd/4th Place mean less?  It's not like they have a whole extra round and have to save time.

If I am recalling the rules correctly the 1min. 1st period in the consols is an option.  Not necessarily a set in stone rule.  I wouldn’t mind at least seeing a 2 min. 1st period in the consols at least for 3rd/4th at all levels, as well as for all state placement.

Edited by MattM

15 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

All I gotta say I’m sorry for whoever draws Mitchell Betz next weekend.

One of the most impressive wrestlers at Ft. Wayne today. Looked solid each round and then had a fantastic championship match.

Jayden lewis qualifying and took Demarco to OT as a freshman! 

Jendreas looked dominate in win over undefeated Bailey and looked amazing all day! 

Still would like to see semi state offer a way for wrestle backs to get the best to the show. Always feel several kids miss out by draws or 1 slip up like a headlock!  Awesome day of wrestling though! 

Edited by Dailygrind86

3 hours ago, TripleB said:

Im offering my announcing and DJ services free to Evansville Semi-State.

I’ll throw in running track and keeping the flow for pork nachos, a chicken strip basket, dippin dots and unlimited soda!!

Somebody from Evansville HMU - dubentz@gmail.com

#TripleBWouldRunThis100%Better 

*EDIT* had no idea Mrs Hagen was retiring and was not referencing her job, she does an excellent job! 

Let’s get someone new on the mic. 

I'll add, I was impressed with the group of wrestlers from Cascade.  They may not have won as many matches as they wanted, but I thought they competed and looked good.  

Logan Bickell fought tough against Jackson Heaston.
Michael Hutchinson and Liam Farmer won their first round match and battled tough in ticket round losses.  
Dominic McNeeley's day may not have finished like he wanted, but he's a State Qualifier and ran into the buzzsaw that was Jared Dunn in the semis.  

I see bright days ahead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.