Lineup Changes - Any last minute changes?

SWINfan

Changes per TW brackets

120 at Evansville - Corydon's Zane Schreck is out.  Harley Shocke is in and will face Lane Gilbert.  Lane Kirchner of Jennings Co. moves to the Jeff 2 slot and will face Seth Cowden.  Dawson Slaughter moves to the Jeff 3 slot and will face Brayden Lain of Tell City.

106 at Evansville - Jeff (correction: Bloomington) #1 Rollin Douglas is out.  Walter Hagedorn (TC) moves up and faces Caleb Reed (ER).  Cam Meier (BS) will face Brady Byrd (W) and Eli Collier will face Ty Henderson (VL) and Luke Neibert (IC) enters the tourney and faces Isaiah Schaefer (MD)

Edited by SWINfan

21 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

106 at Evansville - Jeff #1 Rollin Douglas is out.  Walter Hagedorn (TC) moves up and faces Caleb Reed (ER).  Cam Meier (BS) will face Brady Byrd (W) and Eli Collier will face Ty Henderson (VL) and Luke Neibert (IC) enters the tourney and faces Isaiah Schaefer (MD)

Douglas would have been out of the Bloomington Regional not Jeffersonville.  I believe the progression is correct though.  

Still kinda wish the athlete/coach could void the move if someone above them dropped out.  With the bracket draw part of semi-state and state you could end up moving into a more difficult position in the bracket against an opening opponent you didn’t prepare to see in the opening rounds. Just an added annoyance of the bracket design at those levels.  They could be given the option to stay put and the alternate would then move  into the next spot up instead.  

Edited by MattM

11 minutes ago, MattM said:

Douglas would have been out of the Bloomington Regional not Jeffersonville.  I believe the progression is correct though.  

Still kinda wish the athlete/coach could void the move if someone above them dropped out.  With the bracket draw part of semi-state and state you could end up moving into a more difficult position in the bracket against an opening opponent you didn’t prepare to see in the opening rounds. Just an added annoyance of the bracket design at those levels.  They could be given the option to stay put and the alternate would then move  into the next spot up instead.  

You're right.  I saw that and then a shiny object distracted me and I forgot to back to correct it.  And I was thinking the same thing about opting not to move.  Someone else bowing out could significantly change someone's draw!

At least one more coming...  I'm up to 170 now

Edited by SWINfan

170 at Evansville - Bloomington #2 Chase Hostetler (BN) is out.  Landon Terry (TC) moves up to face Ian Madden (EC).  Victor Peter (JA) will face Aiden Farmer (EM) and Rylan Hendricks (WV) enters with the reward of facing Brody Baumann (MD).

Those are all the changes from Evansville as of 8:20 CT.

1 hour ago, takemtothemat said:

Emerine Floyd is out

I had heard this may be the case, but they didn't update the brackets on it right away.  Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure how it would have played out, but that doesn't help Jerry McBee.  He went from a competitive quarter bracket to likely seeing Gunnar Henry in the ticket round.

Edited by SWINfan

5 hours ago, SoIndianaMat said:

formercollegekid, yeah, he was unbeaten, dislocated shoulder in Regional championship match against Lykins, couldn't continue.  He was gonna bust some brackets for sure!  Surgery next week...looking ahead to next season!

Always hate when a kids season ends with an injury. Thanks for the info

6 hours ago, SoIndianaMat said:

formercollegekid, yeah, he was unbeaten, dislocated shoulder in Regional championship match against Lykins, couldn't continue.  He was gonna bust some brackets for sure!  Surgery next week...looking ahead to next season!

Thanks for that update.  I saw his picture in the Evansville Courier (online photo gallery from yesterday) this morning and was hoping it wasn't because he missed weight.  Best of luck on his recovery.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.