“Greatest” Rivalry of all Time if.....

purdue02

If there was no Zeke Seltzer... Would Ison v Schoeff be the greatest rivalry of all time?

They arguably would’ve wrestled in the finals last year, would potentially meet in the finals this year, have next year as well, and could have wrestled 15+ times in HS going back and fourth.

Where would it rank with no Seltzer and 3 years at the same weight?

Edited by purdue02

Ison & Schoeff have a 1.5 year rivalry, still not done yet with this year . Ison with a slight edge in the win. 
Yes, no Seltzer I think they’re tops at their respected weight class. Very fun to watch .

Reminds me of my son vs. Ty Mills going to epic war every weekend around this time of year and 2-3x during regular season . Cant beat it as a fan watching great wrestling every week when they Clash ! 

Both Ison & Schoeff … #LETSGO

Im Ready Season 4 GIF by Rick and Morty

Camden Eppert v. Brandon Wright

I do not know how you beat this one... they met under the lights in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Eppert won the title at 103 in 2007 and at 119 in 2009 - Wright took the title at 112 in 2008. Three years in a row the same two guys met under the lights. The two also met in the finals of the Regional and Semi-State each of those three years, too. 

I would have to agree on the Eppert vs Wright being the top one based on the magnitude and results.  I remembered a few also that were big...not much talked about but made it very exciting to see unfold leading to state finals.

Bryan Bailey vs Jamie Murray

Cameron Smith vs Eric Douglas

James Leavell vs David Maldonado

Will Hill vs Dan Pleak

James Leavell vs Vernon Cannon

5 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Ison & Schoeff have a 1.5 year rivalry, still not done yet with this year . Ison with a slight edge in the win. 
Yes, no Seltzer I think they’re tops at their respected weight class. Very fun to watch .

Reminds me of my son vs. Ty Mills going to epic war every weekend around this time of year and 2-3x during regular season . Cant beat it as a fan watching great wrestling every week when they Clash ! 

Both Ison & Schoeff … #LETSGO

Im Ready Season 4 GIF by Rick and Morty

Garcia - Mills came to mind immediately when reading the OP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.