Worst first round draw at state?

Dave Huff

I'd say many of the examples would be from when a top ranked guy ends up injury default after the semi-state ticket round into 4th place.  Precautionary measure to be ready for state, but it causes a huge shift in one section of the state bracket.   Next thing you know a Semi-State Champ goes from having what was suppose to be an OK Friday match to a nightmare situation.   

Edited by MattM

2015 (120) Tyler Ferguson from Evansville REITZ d. Jeremiah REITZ from Griffith 17-13.  J. Reitz was state champ at 106 the previous year.  Ferguson finished 5th in 2015.  Not a fluke by any means, as Ferguson beat a lot of good guys in his two years at state.  

5 hours ago, busstogate said:

2015 (120) Tyler Ferguson from Evansville REITZ d. Jeremiah REITZ from Griffith 17-13.  J. Reitz was state champ at 106 the previous year.  Ferguson finished 5th in 2015.  Not a fluke by any means, as Ferguson beat a lot of good guys in his two years at state.  

That was a crazy match too!  Ferguson jumped out to a 13-2 lead and then hung on in the 3rd period, completely gassed.  

2015 State.jpg

2 hours ago, MUSKEEWRESTLING said:

What an incredible match to watch.  I think my heart rate just jumped again remembering it.

Yeah, just seeing how gassed Ferguson was and wondering if he could hang on made this the most exciting match I've ever seen that included one guy leading 13-2 going into the 3rd period. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.