State Tickets - Dumb

TripleB

10 minutes ago, Steven Sandefer said:

Look's like we should petition for next year to be a normal Friday night again. This has been a mess. The Friday morning has been really inconvenient for some parents & fans to even make it there. Those kids deserve a hype and packed crowd too. Just my thoughts.

How would the IHSAA take to that petition though? Sounds to me over the past several years, they'd find a way to make it more difficult for wrestlers, coaches and fans to enjoy the experience.

49 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Welp for all the people that complained about seat saving..... There you have it!!! you just got got by cyber seat hoarders. At least before you had a chance. Now what???? SMH

And if you think that was bad... wait until Saturday night!!!

There has to be something in between. I was near the first in line for 6 or 7 years and I still had to battle with folks saving off multiple rows so friends can show up at their leisure. 

I'd have no problem with going back to first come, first serve if it truly was that. And, I don't have any issue with saving a few seats for friends. It's the multiple rows saving that is my issue.

There has to be a middle ground solution. These events aren't that unusual.

Edited by gsmith58

2 minutes ago, sslaymon said:

How would the IHSAA take to that petition though? Sounds to me over the past several years, they'd find a way to make it more difficult for wrestlers, coaches and fans to enjoy the experience.

Worth bringing up at the coaches meeting or with the IHSWCA to communicate that to the IHSAA? Not sure what would be best or most effective?

49 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

There has to be something in between. I was near the first in line for 6 or 7 years and I still had to battle with folks saving off multiple rows so friends can show up at their leisure. 

I'd have no problem with going back to first come, first serve if it truly was that. And, I don't have any issue with saving a few seats for friends. It's the multiple rows saving that is my issue.

There has to be a middle ground solution. These events aren't that unusual.

And you actually think the IHSAA will find that middle ground? 

Needs to go back.. hopefully this nightmare will encourage others not to save as many or at least give up the seats if people ask to sit. 

19 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

And you actually think the IHSAA will find that middle ground? 

Needs to go back.. hopefully this nightmare will encourage others not to save as many or at least give up the seats if people ask to sit. 

I don't know, but judging by the frustration here, maybe. I have seen multiple proposals here that make sense. The technology clearly exists to prioritize families while providing schools blocks of seats.

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, but clearly it is.

10 hours ago, lanntp01 said:

I am wondering the same thing. Where are they putting wrestlers from session 2 who are attending and watching teammates in session 1?

Here’s the direction we have been given. If a wrestler from session 2 wants to attend session 1, they must buy a ticket. 

Edited by MrsTeamGarcia

10 hours ago, Steven Sandefer said:

Look's like we should petition for next year to be a normal Friday night again. This has been a mess. The Friday morning has been really inconvenient for some parents & fans to even make it there. Those kids deserve a hype and packed crowd too. Just my thoughts.

Amen! I didn't want to hijack this thread but I couldn't agree more!

So many negatives with splitting into 2 sessions on Friday & I don't see many positives at all other than finishing a little earlier than normal

Return back to 1 session Friday night & move the start time up an hour or 2 if needed

Splitting into 2 sessions will really impact the atmosphere for the wrestlers in the morning session. It won't be the same, smaller crowd, less overall excitement. Every wrestler competing deserves the traditional Friday night atmosphere!

Teaamates splitting up during parade of champions, not warming up together, just so many negatives

We had something very special in Indiana but sadly it's been a hot mess the past 2 years. I hope to see it returned to the great experience it was! 

1 hour ago, devildog47959 said:

Amen! I didn't want to hijack this thread but I couldn't agree more!

So many negatives with splitting into 2 sessions on Friday & I don't see many positives at all other than finishing a little earlier than normal

Return back to 1 session Friday night & move the start time up an hour or 2 if needed

Splitting into 2 sessions will really impact the atmosphere for the wrestlers in the morning session. It won't be the same, smaller crowd, less overall excitement. Every wrestler competing deserves the traditional Friday night atmosphere!

Teaamates splitting up during parade of champions, not warming up together, just so many negatives

We had something very special in Indiana but sadly it's been a hot mess the past 2 years. I hope to see it returned to the great experience it was! 

Fauci GIF by BabylonBee
Maybe political…. just saying….

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.