State Tickets - Dumb

TripleB

3 minutes ago, Goose11 said:

So tickets for Friday night still go on sale at 10am EST today correct? And will the link in the state finals info center get me where I need to be?

Correct, the ticket is good for both sessions on Friday and the link takes you there. But there is still nothing on ticketmaster yet showing the event.

36 minutes ago, littlevito said:

Correct, the ticket is good for both sessions on Friday and the link takes you there. But there is still nothing on ticketmaster yet showing the event.

That’s what I’m wondering, usually it will at least give you a time of when they go on sale, but it just keeps saying “No Events Near Indianapolis”

1 minute ago, Thor said:

With two different events setup for two different times, both on Friday morning

Just now, Coach Duncan said:

On the phone with the IHSAA right now, two sessions for Friday???? 9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.???  Which ones do we even purchase?  

That’s what I’d like to know!

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

With two different events setup for two different times, both on Friday morning

1 minute ago, Coach Duncan said:

On the phone with the IHSAA right now, two sessions for Friday???? 9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.???  Which ones do we even purchase?  

I saw that too, this is a complete joke. I would assume the  11 am session because thats the actual start time I thought. Who knows anymore though.

Edited by bigballerb
added stuff

2 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

I saw that too, this is a complete joke. I would assume the  11 am session because thats the actual start time I thought. Who knows anymore though.

Looking at the detail, it should be the same thing. But with our luck, one of them is invalid and those tickets won’t work

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Looking at the detail, it should be the same thing. But with our luck, one of them is invalid and those tickets won’t work

Exactly, again very frustrating.  Why are the higher ups making it so difficult??  When I called the IHSAA, Faulkens was in a meeting and the person that I spoke with said it SHOULD NOT READ THE WAY IT IS SHOWING UP ON TICKET MASTER, AND NOT SURE WHY????

Edited by Coach Duncan

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

1 minute ago, wrestlingfan9802 said:

Yeah what happens if it double books the seats depending on which one you select?? That would be a mess 

Two things I don't even want to think about right now😂

2 hours ago, Southern Side said:

It’s really not a secret.  Everything is posted on the Indiana mat website about when you can purchase tickets

Wasn't directly referencing ticket purchases which is a dumpster fire. How many can be bought? Mandatory meeting the tuesday before State. When are weigh ins and warm ups...  Some people like to plan things out early. Basketball is all planned out, SMH...  Best decision I made was buying the $25 streaming package for SS and State.  Good luck to all involved and have a great meet!

29 minutes ago, Coach Duncan said:

Exactly, again very frustrating.  Why are the higher ups making it so difficult??  When I called the IHSAA, Faulkens was in a meeting and the person that I spoke with said it SHOULD NOT READ THE WAY IT IS SHOWING UP ON TICKET MASTER, AND NOT SURE WHY????

Maybe if they had the event already created like they do with Basketball, these issues wouldn't be happening.  What a botch job by the IHSAA.  Leave it to them to find a way to mess up the greatest tournament many of these athletes and families will ever be a part of.

It took me 45 minutes of either my seats disappearing, timing out, or technical issues and I finally got two tickets. I logged into Ticketmaster and that seemed to help but IHSAA dropped the ball again on wrestling state finals. The system wouldn't let me select two seats if there was a single seat left in the isle. So I would try to buy the single seat just to get tickets but it wouldn't allow me.... I went from selecting front row to middle of the Fieldhouse!! ahh

Edited by navy80

Welp for all the people that complained about seat saving..... There you have it!!! you just got got by cyber seat hoarders. At least before you had a chance. Now what???? SMH

And if you think that was bad... wait until Saturday night!!!

Edited by Mattyb

4 minutes ago, sslaymon said:

Are they not selling upper level tickets? Is that where they expect coaches and wrestlers, who didn't buy tickets for a seat, to sit when they aren't warming up/getting ready?

I am wondering the same thing. Where are they putting wrestlers from session 2 who are attending and watching teammates in session 1?

Some of the 200 level seats are now available. Honestly I have nothing to compare this to when it comes to purchasing reserved seating for a High School event. Obviously there are some kinks that are going to need to be worked out. I do think the pre-sale for the wrestlers was a good idea to have reserved seating for them and family. 

Look's like we should petition for next year to be a normal Friday night again. This has been a mess. The Friday morning has been really inconvenient for some parents & fans to even make it there. Those kids deserve a hype and packed crowd too. Just my thoughts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.