State Tickets - Dumb

TripleB

4 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Everyone needs to call. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Just told my middle schoolers that they can’t go. That’s tough. 

Another parent just got on Ticketmaster to see how many girls state finals basketball tickets that they can buy and they could buy as many as they wanted… go figure. 

I’m just gonna go to Ohio to watch my kid wrestle. Good luck. I tried…. I’m over it! 

UPDATE…

Just called back @ 4:50.. they said they lifted the 4 seat limit. To be honest… nobody knows much at the field house or at IHSAA. Just gonna have to figure it out ourselves. Please keep any information coming on this thread. Again.. I’m trying.  

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

"Per Robert Faulkens" on the Zoom call tonight, there WOULD NOT be a set limit on purchasing tickets.  We were also told that online ticket sales would go live at 10:00 p.m. tonight, vs. what the IHSAA website stated 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. And that "parents and fans need to have patience when ordering" 😕

Guess what....you will get an error saying no upcoming events if you try to purchase now.  Frustrating with the lack of consistent communication.  

Why is it so secretive, last minute and confusing? IHSAA should have the ticketing all figured out and communicated weeks if not months ago. I don't get it, why is that so hard to do? It's almost like they don't care...

Edited by RAJR

53 minutes ago, littlevito said:

I heard that Faulkens said that the timeframe for wrestlers and and families to order tickets would end at 10 pm tonight and then they go on sale to the public.... So technically he didn't say they go on sale tonight, he still could have been meaning tomorrow morning.

The meeting tonight definitely said they would go on sale tonight.

6 hours ago, RAJR said:

Why is it so secretive, last minute and confusing? IHSAA should have the ticketing all figured out and communicated weeks if not months ago. I don't get it, why is that so hard to do? It's almost like they don't care...

It’s cause they don’t….

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN
coaches association needs to step in. The teams, fans , families, and most importantly the kids deserve better. @dstruck

I can get good seats for myself. I don’t care about myself. My main focus is on the kids. Sucks to see kids (including all the younger kids) not be able to experience state, like we all have, with their teammates. 

Sorry @Nate Spangle… Let us know how it goes and if you figure it all out. 

Edited by Mattyb

It's pretty confusing why they're delaying ticket sales at all. We love our state tournament, and it is well attended, but it is always far from a sell-out. What does anyone (IHSAA included) gain from postponing ticket sales? So, yeah, they "hate wrestling"...Then why are they inviting this headache? Wouldn't it have been much easier to put all tickets on sale Sunday afternoon for family, Monday morning for general public and be done? Even in a world in which "they" don't care, this doesn't make much sense.

7 hours ago, RAJR said:

It’s really not a secret.  Everything is posted on the Indiana mat website about when you can purchase tickets

8 hours ago, littlevito said:

I heard that Faulkens said that the timeframe for wrestlers and and families to order tickets would end at 10 pm tonight and then they go on sale to the public.... So technically he didn't say they go on sale tonight, he still could have been meaning tomorrow morning.

He clearly said they would go on sale at 10:00 p.m. last night, even when several people on the Zoom call questioned it, he said 10:00 p.m. He also said all the documents discussed on the Zoom call would be on our IHSAA dashboard......well they are not.  

44 minutes ago, swain358 said:

I would really like to know which coaches wanted Friday to be split up into two sessions. According to last nights video, “The coaches want two sessions Friday” instead of our traditional one session Friday night. 

Not a fan of two sessions at all, especially when you have kids & teachers who cannot leave school to watch during the morning session.  Two sessions also takes away from the parade of champions.  I feel sorry for the teams who have multiple kids attending and cannot make the walk together with their teammates if they are in two separate sessions.  Makes zero sense, let alone a long day for coaches who have kids in two sessions.  If they are worried about one session going too late into the night, start it earlier and get back to our normal Friday night.  I sure hope they don't have teams warm-up this year, followed by weigh-ins! It is about the kids who earned the trip, maximize it with memories.  🙄 

Edited by Coach Duncan

Clearly proves they don’t have a clue what’s going on. Tell us one thing, schools, this site post stuff on social media for their fans to get tickets . Everyone gets on there . Nothing ! 

Probably be better off just telling us nothing . It is Dumpster Fire . 

2021- Ticket Gate 

2022- Ticket Gate 

Save us the drama IHSAA, Just go with 1 plan next year . 

4 minutes ago, littlevito said:

But you can buy basketball state tickets right now which isn't until the end of March.

I don’t know to laugh, thanks, confused, cry on this post . Smh… I just laugh, I find it funny . Good point, good point ! Month away from basketball held in the same venue . Cant even get wrestling right . What’s the difference ? I don’t get it 

6 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

I don’t know to laugh, thanks, confused, cry on this post . Smh… I just laugh, I find it funny . Good point, good point ! Month away from basketball held in the same venue . Cant even get wrestling right . What’s the difference ? I don’t get it 

Indiana = Basketball State

2 session idea is awful. Half the wrestlers out there for the parade just won't have the same jazz to it. This creating codes for wrestlers and schools to get tickets is causing headaches. For us, and the people putting it together. Why not just sell the GA ticket for whatever price and be done with it? You don't have to jump through hoops on ticketmaster that way. Please powers to be, put it back to normal. 

7 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Way Indiana is trending it’s a = Wrestling State 

Class Basketball blew that up in the 90’s 

I mean, I feel the IHSAA views Indiana as a bball state.....I'm 2 feet on board with wrestling state. 

It's sad that wrestling doesn't get near the coverage as bball.  Our local newspapers show this every weekend........5 articles on bball games and maybe a slight blurb on wrestling.

Go back to general admission. Charge us all $2 more per ticket.  Take those extra thousands in profit and hire extra ushers and security for the first hour of each session to enforce no seat saving rules.  If a team shows up with a horde of parents and youth wrestlers to watch good for them. They get a whole section if they wait and get seats.  Extra security and ushers take care of the solo seat hoarders. Best $2 any of us would ever spend. We get GA but with no saved seats.  It’s always been an enforcement issue. Ticket presale and sitting apart is a bummer. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.