State Tickets - Dumb

TripleB

24 minutes ago, Southern Side said:

Looking at 2-3K

Unless you have connections to someone who works for one of the lower level corporate suite.  Those are priced out better due to the corporate sponsorship.  But from some years I’ve been there before they usually expect a company representative to be there for the event.

By the way I’ll be happy to take a ticket if you get one of those suites for leading anyone towards this option.   I still miss sitting like a king just above the peasants stick with general admission open seating. 

Edited by MattM

5 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Had to cancel our trip for middle schoolers to go. We can’t take a bus of kids and have them all spread out over the arena. It’s stupid! 

Kids that made it get to buy tickets today. Kids that came up short have to buy random seats around the arena. Teams will not be able to sit together. What kid wants to go sit by themselves all weekend while thinking… “I wish I would have done better and made it here! But.. a least I get to sit with my team…… oh wait…”

dumb.

Hopefully their isn't another #TicketGate like there was last year where competing kid's parents couldn't even get tickets.

2 minutes ago, littlevito said:

Pretty crappy that a qualifier has to buy a ticket to have a seat in the stands when they aren't competing. 

Should be like it was a few years ago......if you lost on Friday night, the kid would get a voucher for a ticket for Saturday 

57 minutes ago, back2mat said:

Can't tell if reserved seating is a bad idea or if I'm just opposed to change. But man, it really feels like a bad idea.

I understand why all of you guys that want a block of seats aren't extremely happy with this.  There should be a solution to that, like someone mentioned, the school gets a block or something.  More importantly I'm REALLY happy that parents get 4 ahead of time. 

From the perspective of a Coach/Fan with no participants that wants to come watch the greatest state tournament in the country, reserved seating is FANTASTIC news!  For SOO many reasons:

• I don't have to arrive 2 hours before wrestling starts Saturday morning in order to stand outside for an hour...then to stand inside for an hour
  • People don't have to leave before the 195, 220's and Heavy's Saturday afternoon to go get lunch so they can be back in time to wait in line again for 2 hours!  
  • After they do kick us out for lunch Saturday I can actually enjoy lunch and beautiful downtown Indy instead of staying and sitting on the floor in the foyer area for 2 hours! 
  • No more dealing with RUDE people throwing elbows and pushing trying to get there 10 seconds before everyone else.
  • If my wife and I want a snack and can't decide what to get we can actually BOTH go look and not worry about our seats getting taken!
  • Also this year I won't have to worry about wanting to punch someone for saving 64 seats with programs and sweatshirts!!!!  

Yes, the 10:00 pm Friday thing kinda sucks, but man I tell ya, I will not miss the above mentioned things! 

18 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

I just called gainbridge and they are limiting ticket sales to 4 per billing address! 

Unreal! Sorry to all of you that decided to have more than 2 kids! Smh

At least people will be able to drink our faces off during break…

What a joke! 

And that’s not just the presale for wrestlers?

So far this has only seemed to make attending state more difficult. 

No large groups...that's students, fellow wrestlers, families (isn't that the main group that attends state). 

You have to buy tickets mid-tourney, no matter who you are--wrestlers family, wrester that loses Friday, hard core/casual fan. 

I can't imagine the mess that will ensue at 10:00 Friday night.  I'm sure you will eventually get a ticket, just not one you want, but don't worry.......it will be there when you get there.  Just find one of the overworked ushers (that haven't had to do much any previous tourney) who will help you remove the part of the family sitting in your seat.

But, you can show up at starting time (like everyone else now as there is no rush) and complain about they don't let everyone in fast enough even though wrestling already started.  Your seat will be waiting.  

Fixed 1 problem, but caused 30 new ones.

44 minutes ago, Thor said:

Sounds about the correct response from the IHSAA. Does anyone in the organization care even a tiny bit? 

Everyone needs to call. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Just told my middle schoolers that they can’t go. That’s tough. 

Another parent just got on Ticketmaster to see how many girls state finals basketball tickets that they can buy and they could buy as many as they wanted… go figure. 

I’m just gonna go to Ohio to watch my kid wrestle. Good luck. I tried…. I’m over it! 

UPDATE…

Just called back @ 4:50.. they said they lifted the 4 seat limit. To be honest… nobody knows much at the field house or at IHSAA. Just gonna have to figure it out ourselves. Please keep any information coming on this thread. Again.. I’m trying.  

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.