Best Ticket Round Matches Ever

blueandgold

What are some of the best ticket round matches you’ve ever seen?

My pick: #13 DJ Brookbank (Perry Meridian) vs. #4 Zach Melloh (Cathedral) in 2016. Melloh beat Brookbank twice that year prior to their final meeting earning 13-6 and 6-5 decisions, but Brookbank wrestled like a man possessed in the ticket round and upended him 13-11. Was the best match of the year behind Red and Lee.

4 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong… but Evansville SS match a few years back, Austin Bethel v Brayton Lee. Lee being a top 5 in the weight as a Freshman. Bethel beat Lee is exciting fashion and crowd went nuts! Truly one of the loudest roars I’ve heard in a wrestling tournament.

From the few matches I saw of his Bethel seemed to have a knack for finding a move that would instantly turn a match on its head.  

Edited by MattM

9 hours ago, MattM said:

From the few matches I saw of his Bethel seemed to have a knack for finding a move that would instantly turn a match on its head.  

like this https://twitter.com/vbethel80/status/949488325202710528?s=20&t=TzvvPo796PIiL7YTP5UP9A

Trizton Carson vs Kam Fuller 

Trizton had separated his shoulder multiple times in the match and rode Fuller and a 2 point lead till last 30 secs where he was hot with a dump series and couldn't defend it and lost in the final secs not once thinking about INJ def and having to be carried off the mat..

Following year Carson vs  35-1 #4 Kemper @182

Triz was on a terror tech and pinning everybody up through conference where he tore his Miniscus and had gut his way through the state tourney where he knocked off Kemper in UTB in the ticket round on essentially 1 leg.. Kid had worst luck with injuries but never quit.

2016 (106) - #1 Cayden Rooks vs. #8 Asa Garcia . Both Freshman, Winner of this match was State Champ that year . UTB match. 

Future 3x State Champ vs. 2x State Champ .  
The match lived up to its hype to its Terr…….ible Draw ! 

2015 (106)- Braxton Annikin vs. Graham Rooks. Rooks 3-2 

2015 (106)- Noah Hunt vs. Mason Miranda. 

Miranda 4-2 

Slightly biased, but honorable mention goes to 2020 NCSS 113- Dylan Driver vs. Kody Glithero.

Glithero was coming off a huge win over Cottey the week before and was heavily favored to win. 

First period: 0-0.

Second period: Glithero chooses bottom, gets the escape 1-0.

Third period: Driver choses bottom, gets a reversal 2-1. Driver had Glithero on his back, but no back points. Should have been 2 at least. Rides Glithero out for the remainder and wins 2-1.

Draws Mater Dei Cole Ross Friday night.🙄

On 2/10/2022 at 8:15 AM, TeamGarcia said:

2016 (106) - #1 Cayden Rooks vs. #8 Asa Garcia . Both Freshman, Winner of this match was State Champ that year . UTB match. 

Future 3x State Champ vs. 2x State Champ .  
The match lived up to its hype to its Terr…….ible Draw ! 

2015 (106)- Braxton Annikin vs. Graham Rooks. Rooks 3-2 

2015 (106)- Noah Hunt vs. Mason Miranda. 

Miranda 4-2 

The Rooks/Garcia match was decided by a stall call. Ref threw up a BS double stall call early in the match. Goes to the ride out, and hits rooks for stalling in the final ride out.............. I didn't have a dog in that fight, but was extremely disappointed to see it decided by a ref.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.